What I did today

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2434
Installed my DD 9515f and American Bass VFL 200.1 . Well, sort of......

I have it wired to 4 ohms to get better efficiency from the amp, since it is currently running on a stock alt and battery, and 4 gauge wire from my last system. The amp only does 1000 watts at 4 ohms.

Quite frankly I am not impressed with it, but I think thats because I'm only running 1000 watts . My amp will do 3000 at one ohm after I upgrade my electrical system. I'm also planning to get the sub reconed to an 18" when they come out, and then I'll need a new box.

Pics will come tomorrow, it's dark out......

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1647
what r the box specs?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2436
4.25 ft3 net tuned to 38 hz for daily.... it has interchangeable ports, you can see one sitting behind it in this first pic. It was built by Canaan.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1651
yeah in the back of my mind i knew u had that box lol sorry i forgot... ull be suprized when u get 3k on it

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2715
Very nice box designed. I just got one just like that. but my subs are firing to the side.

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 827
thats a beauty

Silver Member
Username: Bumpndatrunk

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 178
yea that is a bad azz box

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2441
Yeah this box is real nice...... Canaan did a good job. I wish I could keep it, but I'll need a new one when I recone the sub to 18".

I'm thinking about going TCAB this time..... after seeing that guy with one HD3 15" in one of Mark's boxes doing 150 db......

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., Always remem... USA

Post Number: 2883
ok, someone explain how you can recone a 15 inch sub to 18 inches?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2723
basket.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2378
18" basket, and a 18" recone. Simple.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2825
1000rms and not impressed.. your doing somthing wrong... a pair of those on 500rms off a kenwood 2ch amp had me turning heads and out bumping people, and i was amazed at the output on the JBL Bp1200.1 (rated 1200rms) in both my daily box and burp box that thing gets loud, and daily box it still is pretty damn loud on the lows... but im waiting on them 18's too :-) you should atleast be in the 140's still.... i dont have a TL but i feel like both boxes are above 140db..

What kind of ride is it in?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2443
94 S10 Blazer (old style). Today I discovered that air is leaking around the sub, so I think that's part of the problem . Tomorrow I am going to take it out, put foam tape around the sub cutout, and carpet the box. I'll see what happens then.

And Killa, you can get a 9518 now if you get the composite cone. The composite is said to be better than the regular cone, but it costs like $300 more and I don't think it's worth it. That's why I'm waiting for the regular 18" cone.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2495
bump for killa to see this:

I'm interested, what kind of systems were you beating with those subs on 500 watts each?

I still haven't got mine back in yet..... been busy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1673
ah man dont carpet that beautiful box... lol

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2853
Hey MS, use the bedliner for that box, really. Herculiner from AutoZone works great! Polo..

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2505
Beadliner, never thought of that..... IDK if I would like it, I've never seen a box covered with bedliner in person. Also I already bought the carpet.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2506
* bedliner

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2862
Hmmm picture it in a highly durable rubber feeling material with gription material on it, kinda cool... It is a material that comes in a few colors, never have to worry about it getting wet, or stains and is a whole lot easier to do than carpet..Polo.. :-O

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2514
Interesting, I will keep that in mind for my next box...... I'm just gonna use the carpet on this one since I already bought it.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2516
bump damit

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13000
M.S. i want that amp. where did you get that monster? how much did you pay for it? the amp is badazz.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2572
Chad:

You mean my VFL 200.1?

I got it almost new from a guy on CA.com for $515. And yeah it is nice, I'm liking this amp. I was running it at 1000 watts and my voltage was not dropping at all. With the Kenwood amp I was using as temporary, my voltage would drop with 800 watts, lol. So this one must have good efficiency.

It's rated for 3000 watts at 1 ohm, and I can't wait to see what it can do after I upgrade my electrical. American Bass also has the 400.1 and 500.1 I think which do 4000 and 5000 watts. You would think the 200.1 should be called the 300.1, but no, lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13016
yeah that amp. its nice. i love it. lol. good price for a very underrated and efficient amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us