Mtx 5500 or kicker s15l7?

Bronze Member
Username: Khae

Post Number: 34
which one is better?? a kicker s5l7 or a mtx 5500 both of them 15 inch... which one better? cus i saw some guy earlier he had 2 15 mtx 5500 and mine was just as loud as his he hit 131 db and i hit 131.1 and he got kinda mad i think cus he had two of them and i only had one of them......

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 273
the l7 should get louder given the box and power u give it. but i woudn't underestimate the 5500's.

Bronze Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 92
jeremy vid of whats he's talking bout tonight here...
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/356275.html
guys friends came around my car and went away from his and braught like a track from testing 100hz to 10hz looked like he was gonna cry, i was just tired to get home though, too much smoke at the tracks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
bump

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 279
that sub video looks like ur wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy under powering that sub or the video camera was bad. i duno

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
watch vid again lol it says it underpowering! + sub needs breaking in jeremy more input plz lolZ! by the way the subs mentioned in this thread was of the mtx subs and my causin posted up so yea it happened less than 5 hrs ago lol, but he asleep so imah b!tch @ him bouts it first thing laters.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
also subs got lees than 12hrs on em lol. b0oo?

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 847
"and mine was just as loud as his he hit 131 db and i hit 131.1"

was that a l7 15?, if it was u was not nearly giving it power or u had it in a very bad box, not being mean just letting u know it has way more capabilities than 131.1, whick means it could be much louder

Silver Member

Post Number: 848
omggggggggggggggggggggggg, lol, i made a custom box with a L5 10 on 600rms and it would KILL that lol, something is wrong

2.5 tuned to 38

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
ahaha my first box ever!!! and didnt even tune it.... lol and i need a better amp the amp is only putting out 760 watts.. and its rms is 1000 watts... so imma need to rebuild my box and tune it and then get a new box..... im not enough giving it enough power what it needs..... still neeed more power running through and need new box..... how much DB should i hit with those subs then????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
its a 15 inch kicker 06 model solo baric l7.....

Silver Member

Post Number: 851
well im not sure but with right power and good box it will be waaaay louder than 131.1

but yea thats a good idea, more power and good box

not bad for your 1st box though good job
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us