Amp for W7's

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 494
I am getting 2 13" W7's and i need an amp for them. They are 1.5 ohm and im gonna give them a lil more power than the recommended 1000w's. I was looking at a few amps to get. Do yall have any suggestions? im looking for something that will put out about 2500-3000@1.5 Ohms so each sub would have about 1250-1500watts

Silver Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 150
i would say buy 2 slash 1000/1 amps it may be costly but well worth it

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1526
check out Sundown and
kicker zx2500.1

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 210
2 slash 1000/1 amps

those amps are made 4 13 w7's

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 495
yea i was thinking getting one kicker x2500

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1200
i think what you should do is get two Kicker KX2500's. your subs would be recieving a 3 ohm load since each coil is 1.5 ohms and that kicker will give you a good 1500 or so (prolly more) watts at 3 ohms. however IMO i think if you dish out that kind of money i would get better woofers. because your essentially wasting power since W7's cant take more than 1300 watts (give or take). if it were me, id get two KX2500's and switch too 2 15" Fi Q's with the increased power option

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1528
whats the difference between running one kicker at 1.5 ohms versus running two at 3 ohm? powerwise there is no difference. why get two when one will do the trick?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1209
because it wont work. each sub is DVC 1.5 ohms. your gonna get a 3 ohm load. and at 3 ohms that amp cant properly power BOTH W7's. so you need two

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 496
yea i was thinking about getting 2 Fi BL's but i thought that the W7's would be a lil better for SQL. so you think the Fi BL's or Fi Q's would be a better choice?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13011
you can wire both subs at 1.5ohms to the kicker kx2500.1

that amp has been wired down to 1 ohm daily and worked so 1.5ohm is definately gonna work.

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 497
oh so one 2500 would be definately work?

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13013
thats what i would use. unless you want to play safer then get the orion 2500d. the orion is 1ohm stable and at 1.5ohms you would still see some good power.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1212
honestly, ive heard a couple W7 setups and they do sound niice. but there is no way in heLL i wouldnt pay over 300 dollars for those drivers. if your somewhat budget consius, go with a Q. and Q's will get a lil louder and take more power

Gold Member

Post Number: 1214
honestly, ive heard a couple W7 setups and they do sound niice. but there is no way in heLL i would pay over 300 dollars for those drivers. if your somewhat budget consius, go with a Q. and Q's will get a lil louder and take more power

Gold Member

Post Number: 1215
would*

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RD Audio

Post Number: 7381
1000/1 FTW

Gold Member

Post Number: 1216
on those subs^^ yeah. but i think youd be better off getting two RD audio elite SPL's so logan isnt lonely

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 498
i dont want any rd elites...i was either gonna go with the 13" dub7's or two 15" Fi's

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13015
if you got the money to get the w7's then go for it. you won't be disappointed. they sound good and get really loud. its just too pricey for me.

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 499
well im getting two new ones for $1000 so its not that bad

Silver Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 182
id put two of those on a jbl bpx 2200.1, its 2200-2500 watts at all ohms 1-4, if you offered me a good enough price id consider selling you mine.

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 500
damn man...those are nices amps...how much would you sell me yours for?

Silver Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 183
idk give me an offer, im not 100% shure that i wana sell it yet, but if i get a good enough offer ill pry do it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us