How would i wire each channel to a coil?

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1192
is it possible to do an amplifier chanell per coil? i think it is im just not sure how to do it.
over them summer ill have 2 massive P3000.1's and each one has two linked P1500's so ill have a total of 4 chanels that eahc do 1200 RMS at 1 ohm so if i got (2) DVC 1 ohm subs could i do an amplifier channel per coil? and if so is there a diagram out there?

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2164
youd have to strap the p3000s together and that would run 6000rms @ 1 ohm.

the p3000s each do 3000 @ 2 ohms...

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12993
those amps are bridged internally trey so you can wire one coil to one amp and the other coil to the other amp.

also if 2 amps are strappable, you would need to wire it to 4ohms since they are 2ohm stable amps each.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2931
"youd have to strap the p3000s together and that would run 6000rms @ 1 ohm"
That amp wouldnt forgive you.... :::POOOOOF::

Its a 2ohm stable amp, if its bridge it isnt handling a 1ohm daily.. i agree with chad tho, 4ohms, if strapped MAYBE 2ohms but i would watch that closely..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1195
P3000.1's have consistently put up around 2400 at 14 volts so there deff not doin 3K

and also, how would i strap these amps together does anyone have a link ?? idk if this matters but the P3000.1's ARE already two P1500's strapped so i would have four strapped amps if that matters

Gold Member

Post Number: 1197
ok what about this, what if i bridged each amp to two ohms and got (2) DVC 1ohm woofers?? then i could jsut bridge each amp to the sub then i wouldnt have to strap them??

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12994
i am not following you there trey.

its very simple. if you want to wire each amp to each coil, you need a dvc 2ohm sub since the amps are 2 ohm stable. if you strapped the 2 amps, you can wire the sub in series to give you a 4ohm load to your strapped amps.

what sub is it that you want to give 6000wrms to?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2551
^^^^ what he said

Each P3000.1 amplifier has one channel stable at 2 ohms. Even though they are essentially are two 1500.1s, they are internally bridged.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1199
each channel is stable at 1 ohm, isnt it ?? the amp is stable down to 2 ohms. and ive heard the term "strapped" but whats it mean, and how do you do it?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2557
What do you mean each channel? The P3000.1 is a 1 channel (mono) amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1222
nope, its two P1500's strapped. you can bridge it tho for mono operation

Gold Member

Post Number: 1223
because when i had it installed the dude told me he ahd each channel wired to 1 ohm rather than bridged at 2 ohm

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2567
I just looked up the manual for the P3000.1 and everywhere it says 3000 watts at 1 ohm, 1 channel. Whatever that dude told you sounds wrong..... but I'm just going by what the manual says. You should email Kevin from low-hz I'm sure he could clear this up right away.......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us