User input requested.

Bronze Member
Username: Burkan

Post Number: 68
Everyone, I've been using Satcruiser 9000 for the past year of so and been somewhat satisfied with its performance, But I also want to try other boxes. I'm requesting user input to the ease of use and programming for other brands. Please let me know which boxes you recommend.

Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7776
Are U serious?...there must be 10 other threads here with that EXACT same question...I suggest U READ before U post!

Most will agree...

Viewsat Ultra
Viewsat Extreme
Extremeview Magnum
Sonicview 1000 or 4000

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2071
Same list for me LK...

Gold Member

Post Number: 7778
nice to see ya...notice U online sometimes at ftabins, along with quite a few others from here now..I personally don't post there (have a personality clash with the admin andrew there) but its not a bad site and is one of the better new sites, and growing fast....I believe we may have something to do with that fast growing issue...I did recommend U to the admin there though, but he basically told me he could care less (thats why the "clash")...LOL

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 283
go with the cw great support lots of great addons my wife can load the bin and put keys with ease and only had to put keys in 5 times in 5 months so for the price of viewsat you can get the cw600p with great picture and all this Coming next week.

CW-100R Captive Works PVR add on
Use this to add a PVR function to your Captive Works 600S and Captive Works 600S Premium Series FTA receiver (or other receiver as well). For Captive Works units it will also add USB bin loading function and offer better integration with guide for PVR function. With Captive Works Receiver you can schedule a show through the epg and when the time comes, the recorder will automatically start recording and when it finishes, the recorder automatically stops.

You will need to add your own Storage Space, it will accept USB 2.0 Compliant External Hard Drive or USB Flash Drive.
Suggested Retail $129 alone and it will also be priced lower as part of a combo package including a Captive Works 600-S Premium.
Attached you will find complete specs and pics.
it is up to you buy viewsat for 200 or buy cw600p with cw-100r this is great deal for 20 more dollers you can go to this site and look at it on video is cool http://youtube.com/watch?v=zccpvUpLwyg
have a nice day

Silver Member
Username: Eatfish111

Post Number: 136
LK what do you think of the conaxsat receiver?
I have heard nothing but good things
have you tested the receiver?
Oh yeah Lks list is a good one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
LK buddy, please spare me your bull, I was very specific about what I wanted "I'm requesting user input to the ease of use and programming for other brands." I did not ask for useless list, which any novice can obtain from Internet dealers. Please see Bruce I 's response and learn few things about useful information. I'm interested in getting the information form actual users, not just specs and advertising.

Now about your list, can you or anyone else fore that matter elaborate on each one (cut and past is OK) to its ease of use, features, and price? Why would most agree that the list has the best receivers?

What about Cool*sat, Sonicview, Pansat, DreamBox??

Bruce Thank you for your much helpful and thoughtful response, I appreciate your information about PVR, I was wondering if that is possible.

Silver Member

Post Number: 285
got my cw600p just before it all went down about6 monthes ago i did not go with out free tv cw had card sharing thro the net worked good for me . this box is user friendly you can put in keys with on buton on remote page down enter keys but have not had to put in keys in a long time great support and if you get new all you got to do is hook it to pc load the new bin scan the sat hit f1 000 on remote and watch tv and cost 110 in can. and you can get cw-100r pvr for the price of the viewsat

Gold Member

Post Number: 7787
Burkan...my spoon is NOT that big nor generous!...U can read for yourself!

as Mick says "U can't always get what you want"!...unless you try sometimes..

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1893
I installed a Sonicview 4000 and on 6th Feb 2007 I installed the 5th Feb BIN for a relative. They are watching 110W and 61.5W. No problems whatsoever. The autoroll has worked fine and the uploading of BINs using a USB drive is a great feature. I have not upgraded them to the 9th Feb 2007 BIN,because they are quite happy as they are.
One great feature I like is the ability to see 4 or 9 channels together on one screen. I am not happy that I cannot rename the word FAV1, FAV2 to something meaningful.
They have not used BEV, so I cannot comment on that issue.

Silver Member

Post Number: 286
nalin nyda with the cw600p you can get up to 16 multi pictures and with the new cw-100r pvr all for about 200 great deal keep up good work cw and team

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1895
Sonicview 4000 also has multi 4/9/16 option. I did not test the 16 option, as I was in favourties with only 10 in the list.
As far as I am concerned, I would wait for a mont or so to see if there is going tobe competition in the HDTV field. currently there is only one contestant - C00LSAT 8000.

Silver Member

Post Number: 287
this box is coming out this month on the 28 Heres the info on the CaptiveWorks 3000HD.

CW-3000HD Hi-Def Linux FTA and ATSC Home Entertainment Platform

Hardware:
- Processor: Powerful AMD 3000+ 64Bit Processor
- Memory: 512MB DDRII RAM Expandable to 8GB
- Flash Drive: 1GB Fast System Flash
- Hard Drive: Not Included
- Video: MPEG2 and MPEG4 Acceleration
- Satellite Tuner:
- Input terminal: F-type 75 Ohm
- Receiving frequency: 950~2150 MHz tuning range
- Input level: -65~-25dBm
- Support MCPC and SCPC
- Symbol rate: 2~45 Msps
- FEC Codes: 1/2,2/3,3/4,5/6,7/8 and Auto
- QPSK
- ATSC Tuner:
- Latest LG 5th generation tuner for enhanced reception.
- Supports QAM 64 and QAM 256 Cable signals.
- One TV antenna 75 ohm reception port.
- One S-Video input port.
- One stereo connection jack to sound card for analog TV.
- Video Output: VGA/HDMI or DVI/Component/S-Video
- Audio Ouput: Analog and SPDIF Dolby Digital Audio output
- USB Ports: 4 USB v2.0 ports on back panel and 2 USB v2.0 ports on front panel.
- Media Reader: All In One Media Reader. Supports most popular flash cards.
- Ethernet Port: RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mbits compatible.
- DVDRW: Read/Write DVDs and CDs.

Software :
- Open Source and available for download online
- Linux Operating System - Version 2.6 Kernel
- Powerful X Windows Environment
- Java 1.42 Graphical User Interface
- Software Upgradeable Via Internet and/or USB Storage Device
- Firefox browser with support for popular plugins including Flash

Multimedia Software:
- DVB-S Free To Air Using Open Source Video Disk Recorder (VDR)
- ATSC Reception Using Open Source Video Disk Recorder (VDR)
- EPG (Electronic Program Guide) Support - Stored on Hard Drive
- Remotely Schedule Recordings via Web Based Interface
- Automatic Channel Scanning
- Comprehensive DVR Functionality
- Pause Live TV With Full Fast-Forward and Rewind Capability
- Timer Recording Through Program Guide
- Automatic Timer Recording For Series and Daily/Weekly Programs
- Grid And List Style Electronic Program Guides Stored on Hard Drive
- Updates Download via the Internet
- Internet TV (IP TV) Streaming Video Player (*)
- Peer To Peer TV (P2P TV) Streaming Video Player (*)
- Customizable User Interface via Themes
- Video Player For popular video formats.
- Music Player For popular audio formats including MP3 and WMA.
- DVD Player/Writer
- CD Player/Writer

* Requires Optional Wireless Keyboard

Username: Jrpca

Home, Nb Canada

Post Number: 3
"LK - I believe we may have something to do with that fast growing issue.."

NOW I REALLY KNOW YOU STUPID LK you had nothing to do with the growth of ftabins.net its the hard work of the admin and mods there and the nice members unlike you that's why we didn't put up with your bashing there ..as we know what were doing ...and all you did was cry over nothing ... again WAKE UP MAN .. AND GET OVER YOUR SELF ...........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
LK As I said before, Please spare me your bull. No one is pulling on your balls to answer any questions. You volunteer your bullSh*t on your own. So if you don't like the post, just don't bother, that way you save many of us the agony of reading your crap.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us