Viewsat ultra or just extreem???PRFRMNJ you can answer this

Silver Member
Username: Pachacartier

Post Number: 142
for guys with experience with the viewsat.
i experienced platinum 2000 it's discontinued now. and the extreem. both to me are same some how.
how about ultra . i did not try it yet. and i m going to order now so before i send the buttom to order it please is it worthed to buy ultra . in term of quality pic and hard ware

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1849
You've got some baalll. You just got done ranting an raving at me and expect me to answer. FFUUUCK YOUUUUUU

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 813
You are so lost boy. You gripe him out call him names and now expect him to answer your question...Just simply look at the selling points of all the receivers you are looking at....if it has features you need or does not features you need and so forth.....

The ONLY way we could help you make the choice is if we knew ALOT more info like: How much can you afford? Whats your TV? Do you have surround sound? How many tv are you expecting to receive programing form this receiver? How many Antenna's are you using?.The list of Questions is almost endless..How much room do you have in your bedroom at your Mom's house?...you see my point its hard for another person to tell you what is the best receiver for you.....

For me I am waiting for the ViewsatHD to come out I just got a HD TV........For RACE WEEEK in less than 3 WEEKS---thats what is imporant to ME

Just get the cheapest one for now the HD ones will be better and with this key BS going on I would not invest much$ today....wait

Bronze Member
Username: Pffft

Ya Right

Post Number: 17
Actually good point. so here i go. I currently have a pansat 2700a and the no epg guide drives me nuts with the little woman channel surfing like she is having an epileptic (sp?) fit. i'm planning on upgrading to a HD tv and love to watch movies. i currently have surround sound and love to crank that bi.tch up as well.
I'm thinking of upgrading my system but am looking for something with good picture and sound quality from it and hopefully a fairly working EPG guide. so what do people suggest? even with the HD coming out give me your imput please i value it

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
FTA TESTER . YOU DONT SHOW ME HOW TO READ ABOUT BOXES AND WHAT FUTURE THEY HAVE . I CHECKED MY MOM HOUSE I FOUND 3 BEDROOMS. 1 OF THE BEDROOM HAS YOUR SISTER WITH DOGY STYLE . SO IMAGINE WHAT IM DOING NOW TO HER. LITTLE FAGGGGGGGGGG I ASKED IF SOMEONE ACTUALLY EXPERIENCE THE BOX NOT JUST READ READ READDDDDDDDDD. AND DONT MENTION MY MOMA HOUSE BECUZ IM PROUD TO HAVE MOMA UNLIKE YOU YOU DONT KNOW YOURS.

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 966
cartier,go fu*k yourself !

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 828
satScanner

Lets just lets this troll go......if we all stop responding he will grow bored and go away....or his Mom will take the computer away soon......

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 727
lol..... i can't find any funny pics 2 post here. None that would compare 2 this thread.... I LOVE iT

"And the no epg guide drives me nuts with the little woman channel surfing like she is having an epileptic (sp?) fit." <--- I Think this is really why i stick around...lol

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 216
mrpig you might wont to look at cw600p got good epg 3or4 day epg got got nice bright pitchur better then pansat by alot eazy to use good suport the box did not roll at the first key chang but did roll at supper had no problums today so far but it is early cost 99 us and 110 can or you can get this babby "-The 3000 model stands for 3 Giga hertz processor speed which realy blows any other receiver.
-It will have double Tuner which means it will be a PVR unit, you can record one channel while watching another.
-To the addition to the Hard Drive capabality its going to have DVD RECORDER, so basicly you can burn whatever you record from the hard drive into the DVD right on the spot.
-Just like the CW1000 it will have live buffering so you can pause/rewind live tv like TIVO.
-It will have the capability to update software through the internet or from the USB drive.
-you can hook up a wireless keyboard and mouse and browse the interent, it will have FireFox Browser.
-You can watch hundreds of IPTV channels for free. (iptv are tv channels from around the world that you can watch using high speed interent, you will not need any dish for this).
-It has the ability to watch dishnet HD channels with the addition of external hardware that could be purchased seperatly from online

Bronze Member
Username: Tinfish

Post Number: 92
bruce..thanks for the info on cw. i borrowed one from a friend, but cant get the channel list right. How do I get the channels in the right order... apologize in advance for hijacking this thread. any opinions on extreme view magnum?

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
is it a cw600p or cw600s new bin came out if it is cw600p put in the new bin it will work it is 1.34 bin and loader v1.06 null modom cable null 232 and if it is cw 600s new bin out this morning Cw600sv1.29 02-02-2007
hop this helps you

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
ryerson this is better then tv lol

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 19
Thanks for the input bruce. gives me a bit more to think about for my near future update

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
glad to help have a good night

Bronze Member
Username: Mvr

Post Number: 32
i loaded this latest bin DBPSW-070202X.PGM , but its not working for me.I have viewsat xtreme and all i get is a "No SIGNAL" message.

I get all shaking black screen.Please help

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
mvr why dont you open a new threads?
anyway check your setting turn the autoroll on

Silver Member

Post Number: 977
catier,why don't you just go away?

Bronze Member
Username: Dishall

Post Number: 16
hello all
need help which is better fta reciever in terms support and performance ,
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 1111
Satguy
Viewsats Or Sonicview

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1813
Viewsat Ultra and Sonicview 4000 are about equal with Sonicview 4000 having a slight edge over the Ultra both in features and price.
Teh Viewsat 7000 pvr is certainly a better one. However it will be overtaken by the newer FTA HDTVs.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7588
IMO, The Viewsat Ultra is MUCH better than the Sonicview 4000..and the 7000 is no better than the Ultra, except for the added PVR feature, if U require that feature..

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1826
LK: This is the kind of post expected of people who are giving advice. Give your considered opinion, and let other people give their opinion.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7603
whats your welfare point?..I'm entitled to my opinion...but U must always have the last word like a little sissy girl!...there was NO need for U to reply to my post and attempt to start something with me...I wasn't talking to U!...so shove it MO!...U initiate a lot of sh*it here, then blame others like me and PRFRMNJ!...U are one creature, I really can't stomach...I have tried to ignore u, but U stalk me and antagonize me and initiate confrontations, so blow it out your azz...go away!...get a JOB!...become a useful part of the human race!...instead of collecting welfare, sitting home all day, and playing Godess of FTA, which u don't even TEST!

Bronze Member
Username: Ryersongheyarmy

Bottom of the Barrel, Village People

Post Number: 92
MED TIME FOSSIL BOY

Gold Member

Post Number: 7607
U and nalin sure speak and post the same way!...coincidence?...NOT!

Username: Nash58

Post Number: 2
PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO TURN ON AUTO ROLL
TO VIEWSAT EXTREME..... Thanks

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 39
Menu,Options,Auto roll. Now if i can just figure out how to get my EPG to work i'd be laughing.

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 42
Damn it!, ok i'm missing something simple. ive changed the name of the sat. made sure time was right. but EPG is not showing up and even if i try and "recieve guide" says no info is available. ive tried researching this for bit now but keep getting information that is not related. ive even tried to see if maybe i was missing a bin for just this. cant seem to find one. i have tried changing it from 2hr right up to 24 hr

Gold Member

Post Number: 1030
set your time -500hrs for standand time and "summer time"off.

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 43
all be done, ive got it on auto,set time back for my time, got summer time off, and still nada and have new bin loaded in case someone is wondering

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 44
on bev and changed sat name to ECHO1, as per a discussion on a earlier post

Gold Member

Post Number: 1033
Echo 1?what sats and settings are you using?

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 45
well maybe that be me problem, i thought bev was on 8-10? but now i noticed (the hard way, thought tv was on a kids show till i saw a few naked people making out)that the channels are all mixed up. guess maybe i have it on the wrong sat for BEV. settings are all basic for single LNB no motor, lnb is set for universal. blah blah blah

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 46
using the standard BEV dish with single LNB, the dish was set up from tenants i had living here but when i put in my Pansat everything was A-ok. i couldnt remember but i thought BEV was set up to Echo 8-10 but i could be wrong on that and the pansat came to me preset with a dif sat name in it. trying to research if that is in fact were i am to be. know i'm getting the BEV ppv off what i'm on but there is a whole lot of french crap on it. heh

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 47
shhhhh lets not speak of my stupidity :-( i should have known better if i would have gotten my head out of my butt

Gold Member

Post Number: 1034
I have no Idea what your doing or attempting to do ,but go for it dude,sounds like your having fun!

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 48
I'm on Nimiq 2, trying to get the damn EPG guide to work. and ya i'm having fun, prob have more if i wasnt 3 sheets to the wind though

Gold Member

Post Number: 1036
If you tell me your setup and what your attempting to do ,I'll see if I can help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1037
If it's a pansat, THERE IS NO EPG ! lol

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 49
Nimiq 2
LNB power on
LNB TYpe Standard
lnb freq 11250
22khz off
TP freq 12224
search option all
Diseqc 1.0 none
Motor off
Legacy sw None

have date and time on auto with it set back to my area. have new bin for Viewsat Extreme loaded. get all channel and autoroll running
Cant Get the guide to work. if i try and go receive guide i get guide not found. cant get the damn epg guide to work
in options my epg is set for 12 hrs
auto roll is on
auto tp is on
mapping is on
everything is on except beep for scanning,beep for remote control

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 50
the pansat 2700a is in my bedroom now, just bought a viewsat extreme today

Gold Member

Post Number: 7612
You can hit the sat button on your remote and choose the BEV package or Nimiq 1,3

Gold Member

Post Number: 7613
Go into menu and do a channel scan, then do a receive guide..

heres the Viewsat Extreme users manual...
http://www.totalfta.com/showthread.php?t=661

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 51
hit sat on Remote and choose BEV Package, still no information on all channels in guide

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 52
ive read and reread the manual right in front of me, ive done a channel scan, cant receive guide. says no guide information. DssCommuni.ty doesnt seem to have my problem on it (still going thru all the posts though) and not finding anything here related to the same problem

Gold Member

Post Number: 1038
I never tried just nimiq 2,always scanned 1/3 first,I'm not shure if nimiq 2 sends the epg in stream,might come from 1/3 for nimiq2.I don't think bev lets subs without the nimiq 1/3 sat and the nimiq 2 subbers get the epg from sat 1/3 stream.Something to check and verify ,learn something new every day.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7614
nimiq 2 is sat 82W..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1039
yes and 1/3 is 91w

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 53
I'm on 82w. no signal from 91w

Gold Member

Post Number: 1040
thats why you might not have epg for your nimiq 2

Gold Member

Post Number: 7615
In antenna setup, when you select a satellite to install, right above that it should tell you what satellite you are actually hitting, when you select nimiq 1,3, above that , it should say niminq 1,3, if it does not, then you are not pointing at that sat, or you do not have it setup right or both... You can't just select any satellite and just because it shows signal say, I will program that one in because I get quality, unless above it, it actually says it is that satellite... You must make sure you are pointing at the right satellite first..
To do a factory reset, you go into menu...
scroll down to User Setting , right click and type in 0000
scroll down to Factory Default, click ok on it and then a window will pop up and ask, do you want factory default, you click on yes.. and sit back and wait for it to reset.. Then you should put in the latest factory file, 119, then the latest pgm file, 070206.. make sure you reset the time for your area correctly. -6 hours for CSTDST. Central Standard Time Daylight Savings Time. Then go into your antenna setup and start all over, but it "must say above where you selected your choice of sat, that satellite, or you are not on the right sat.. Once you have figured out what sat you are pointing at, if any.. then you can setup for that sat.. good luck

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 54
nvm, yes i do

Gold Member

Post Number: 1041
LK..read my post again,I think your missing my point.

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 55
well with the info you both have given me i'll delete channel list and retry it again but with Nimiq 1/3

Gold Member

Post Number: 7616
U must scan the sat that the dish and LNB are ACTUALLY aimed at...either 82 or 91 for Bev..the above post will help U...then configure the receiver settings similiar to above settings, but U must select the correct sat and Nimiq.. and in menu, receive guide!...

its really very simple...aim the dish, tell the receiver which satellite and LNB type U have, then scan THAT satellite, and then RECEIVE guide...then watch TV..

Gold Member

Post Number: 7617
U must scan the sat that the dish and LNB are ACTUALLY aimed at...either 82 or 91 for Bev..the above post will help U...then configure the receiver settings similiar to above settings, but U must select the correct sat and Nimiq.. and in menu, receive guide!...

its really very simple...aim the dish, tell the receiver which satellite and LNB type U have, then scan THAT satellite, set the date-time and time zone, and then RECEIVE guide...then watch TV..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1043
Nimiq 2 sat does not send a epg in the stream from that sat.The guide for all channels on both nimiq 2 and 3 comes in the stream from nimiq 1/3,therefore if you only have nimiq 2 ,you can't get the epg guide.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1045
Bev only sell's nimiq 2 subs after a basic channell sub,therefore nimiq 1/3 is mandatory before you can sub channels on nimiq 2.The epg only comes from nimiq 1/3 for both sats channels lists.

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 56
well after playing with my Pansat 2700a i got the EPG to work (ya ya its crappy) so i must have it pointed to nimiq 1, but now when i reset the extreme reciever i dont have nimiq on my sat lists anymore, think its time to sleep off the funny juice and try again tomarrow

Gold Member

Post Number: 1053
They'll be back in the morning,youll'see.lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 7622
If this was a Bev install by previous tenants, U probably have 2 LNB's and BOTH 82 and 91W, and need to configure the receiver antenna settings for both as well.

"using the standard BEV dish with single LNB, the dish was set up from tenants"...I wouldn't think that Bev has a standard dish with only 1 LNB..especially if they are using 82-91..unless as satscanner stated they were cheap tenants and ONLY wanted the BASIC sub, so bev olny inputs the single LNB...but that would be stupid , INO, for bev to do that in case new people ever moved in...I would think they would install a 2 LNB dish for everyone..but I don't live in canada, and not privy to their installation thinking or ways..

In the US, U are provided with ALL the LNB's needed to get ALL the channels, no matter what package U sub too..in fact a bud of mine had DTV do a new install yesterday for his new "basic only" sub package, and DTV installed a 5 LNB dish..I''m sure they are already thinking of the 100 HD channels available by end of year and possibly adding locals or Tivo later, so they would rather install it all now , rather then possibly need to come back again and reinstall another dish later..

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 57
guess they were cheap then, cause there is only a single LNB installed on the dish, can run dual but only a single on it

Gold Member

Post Number: 7633
Are U saying Bev installed it, or the previous tenants installed it on their own?...just curious....I find it hard to understand why Bev would only install a single LNB..

and a dual LNB has ONLY 1 eye and ONLY 1 satellite signal but 2 outputs for 2 receivers..a single is the same , but has ONLY 1 output for 1 receiver..

are U sure its NOT a TWIN LNB like below?...looks like 1 LNB but actually is 2 LNB's in 1 casing...it has 2 eyes, an internal switch, and 2 out puts for 2 receivers and 2 different sat signals..either 82-91 or 110-119..

below is a Dual and a Twin pics..

Upload
TWIN LNB

Upload
DUAL LNB

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 58
AHHH, thanks for the pics LK ive totally misunderstood everything, the pics clear things up, i have a dual LNB. i thought it was just a single lnb with dual receiver option. i thought the dual LNB had the 2 eyes so once again you taught me a bit more about this "hobby" that i'm lost in. thank you!

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 59
so my dish has the option of running 2 dual lnb's or 2 twin lnb's. instead of my original thought of i had a single lnb and needed a second one....bah! and all the reading ive done and all the steps i thought i have grown just to realize i still have no clue on anything!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 7637
NO...U cannot run 2 TWINS on a regular size dish, that would be 4 different satellites.....2 duals or 1 twin, yes on regular 20 inch dish..Dual only means its can be hooked up to 2 receivers and receives ONLY 1 satellite signal..Twin means it receives 2 different satelites signals AND capable for 2 receivers..I believe U are still confused..

if U only have 1 LNB, eithe a single or a dual (1 round white plastic eye), U can simply add another single or dual LNB for a 2nd satellite by looking at this pic below and then buy a disque switch to combine BOTH signals from each satellite into 1 cable to your receiver.....this is common and called a "poormans ' dish setup..or U can simply buy a Dish Pro TWIN LNB (already has built in disque switch) and replace the single or dual LNB U have..U can use these for 82-91 BEV satellite or 110-119 Dishnet (DN) satellites, since they are both 9 degrees apart, your choice..DN is MUCH better than Bev...

Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 60
going to climb up and take another look just to make sure its not the twin and is the dual though

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 61
ya its just a dual LNB, and all i meant was the dish itself has a secondary slot for another lnb, so no need for the hose clamp

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 62
ive got another dual LNB that was given to me but i have no idea if its any good, so think i might just go down and buy another LNB and switch and try that. might have to go purchase a sat finder and see wth is up as well. i have no idea if Bell or if the old tenants set it up. all i know is one day it wasnt up then when they got evicted and i decided to move back in it was there

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 63
ive also got a lnb from a starchoice dish, but one guy who i was talking to who claims to know his stuff said you cant use the starchoice lnb's for what i'm doing. no idea if this is true or not

Gold Member

Post Number: 7638
Your dish has a empty slot for another LNB?...thats unsual!..well again, I'm NOT familar with Bev and their installations procedures...I myself have never seen that before..But again I'm American , and NOT Canadian, so maybe they do things different...or your old tenants installed it themselves and found an old dish in a dump or somewhere that was missing an LNB..I dunno..either way IF U want 2 satellites either add anothe dual LNB and an external disque switch or just get a TWIN LNB and replace the present LNB..

and if U want just 91w , nim 1-3, just do a sat scan and antenna receiver settings and hit receive guide and watch TV...after U loaded the factory bin and latest bin for your receiver..

Gold Member

Post Number: 7639
Thats presuming U aim the dish to 91W..

I know I would add another dual CIRCULAR (not linear) polarity LNB, and a disque switch (in attic for weather purposes and accessability), realign the dish to 110-119, reset my antenna settings for the 110-119, scan both those sats, upload the lastest bin and watch DN TV..

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 64
cool thanks, and its a bell dish, i'll grab you a pic in a few so you can see it. pics speak when words cant

Gold Member

Post Number: 7642
U canNOT use starchoice LNB, U were told correctly...LNB's don't usually go bad, so it may work fine...try it, nothing to lose, cause if its bad then at least the dish will still be all aligned correctly and cabled and a switch installed.. and ready for a new lNB..

just run cables directly from LNB to receiver when U scan (no switch), one at a time..then U can tell what sats u are aimed at and if that LNB works..

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 65
here is the pic

Upload

Username: Nash58

Post Number: 3
hello guys help me , I have Viewsat Extreme
some reason it disply "on" and nothing is working not even with remote

THANKS

Gold Member

Post Number: 7719
U need to set it up and program it..and u can't do that here...there are NO files nor manuals and guides here...

go to www.totalfta.com ..they specialize in Viewsats!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us