Which is better - kinetik 2400 or batcap 2000?

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 525
I called batcap today after seeing something someone here posted about batcap. I was curious and read about them on their site as well as e-bay. So I called, and the rep was telling me that their 2000 model is like 30% cap, 70% battery. That it powers faster and recharges faster than the conventional car audio battery. Does anyone here have experience with them or know about the differences? Is batcap 2000 better?

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 282
From GlassWolf's site:

" Another item I'd like to touch on is the more recent advent of the high capacity capacitors (25, 50, 100+ Farad capacitors) and so-called "BattCaps."

These types of capacitors have extremely high ESR values which makes them very bad choices for the uses mentioned above. They are usually carbon-film based capacitors in order to get such high values, as opposed to the much lower ESR electrolytic capacitors you tend to find in teh 20 volt 1Fd type cylinder style units.
End result is avoid anything like the 100Fd capacitors like a plague. "

http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/capacitors.html

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3062
youd have to isolate the bat cap if you did run it. because a battery will shorten its life. really your better off with kinetik

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 395
they claim you need no isolator what-so-ever
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us