Slingbox w/ cools@t 4000pro

Bronze Member
Username: Chico

Post Number: 77
has anyone used a slingbox w/ cools@t 4000pro. i was thinking of buying a slingbox and was just wondering if anyone had had this setup.(does it work, was setup easy or hard, and is it safe).

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 197
I having never heard of this slingbox product just did a google on it. It looks to be a knock off to tivo right?

First off we need to know what one you have their are several. Looks to me at this point you could record with it but, its not going to control your FTA receiver. So you wouls have to have the reveiver on the right channel and then record the program.

Their are tivo frendly FTA box's LK is knowledgeable on these set ups.

Silver Member
Username: Letmeon

Post Number: 120
Slingbox tested this past holiday. Works great
inside your home network, but outside picture degrades ( bro-in-law said it pixelates the picture)he was just across town . Don't believe watching it around the world!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Chico

Post Number: 81
Upmanis

do you have a slingbox pro? what kind of broadband are you using(dsl or cable),how fast is your broadband, does the the slingbox take control of your fta and what type of fta are you using.

Silver Member
Username: Letmeon

Post Number: 121
My bro-in-law bought the plain Slingbox (the one looks like a silver bar). He comes here at Christmas from Greece to buy cheaper here. My system is the test lab for his buys. I have cable.
We just tested as a cable tv connection to the internet. This SB has IR connections that can be connected to the FTA to control it (setup is a butt pain!!!!!!). Pantec Ultra MX

Bronze Member
Username: Tinfish

Post Number: 90
I have a sony locationfree (LF-B20) and t works great with fta. In general the Sony is easier to install since it connects wirelessly to the router and the built in remote is a learning remote.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us