Any recommendation for PCI satellite card

Username: Kakapapa

Post Number: 6
I am trying to watch satellite TV on computer (Media PC). Could somebody tell me which free-to-air TV card I should buy. Or anybody making Satellite card capable of recieving DN and NV?

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 564
Hauppauge.... WinTV....i'd have 2 rattle my brain for the model # but,

i have this one.... and i love it.

Get the one with Video CD encoder(hardware), Mpeg 2 decoder (hardware) - TV out.

You don't want ur CPU doing all the work....so best to pay a little more for a stable card. You can record to hard drive in mpeg 2 format - transfer 2 DVD with a small app.

Excellent quality!

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 771
Does it do pic in pic because I don't want tie up my pc? I Like to watch tv but use pc at the same time.mutitasking.101?

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 572
Not mine....

but, well, i don't think u need pic in pic for pc....because u can just make tv window any size u want. And then u can click "stay on top", drag to a corner, and there u have it - any size u want.

Also, the one i'm aluding 2, has tv-out option. So u can even have a tv beside the monitor, or in the other room.....in fact, i have often sent the signal to the other room wirelessly as well....it's a nice toy.

And it's sooo much cheaper than it used 2 be.

i like recording movies and tv shows with it...converting 2 dvd, storing in my library

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 775
You dog ...Ryerson...good p*rn library I bet.lol

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 573
HA! no, no p*rn.... though i get lots of requests from friends for that...and when the boys come over, that's all they wanna watch on the Pansat.

But I actually spend a lot of my free time analyzing the documentaries i can catch & record. THAT is what stimulates me most.

I leave the p*rn stuff for the dating scene.... but p*rn types/strippers/ and sleezies never turned me on much anyway.

I like the shy, sweet 'n sassy types better.

Plus, don't u guys get enough p*rn popping up inconveniently on ur monitors already?? :-) LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us