Component Set-ups

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1725
Ok. I checked crutchfield to see what size my factory speakers were in my car to find out they say 3 different sizes with work.. wth? It varies from 5-1/4 to 6-1/2 and even 6-3/4.. It is a 2003 VW Jetta with the factory monsoon. If anyone could tell me for sure what they are before I attempt to buy some I'd appreciate it.. now on the topic of buying them.. what would you suggest..

Front Stage..
Rear Fill..

Speakers will go in stock locations. There is a mid-bass driver in all 4 doors and a seperate tweeter on top of each door. Trying to keep the price affordable.. so the cheaper the better.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7295
why not just take it out of your door and check. that is the best way. you want to be 100% sure.

i'd say go with the 6 1/2. if you get the 5 1/4, you would most likely have to use an adaptor to make it fit. not many speakers are 6 3/4.

a nice set of jl audio xr650 would do you good. you won't need rearfills. you can get a set of those on ebay for around 180.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 675
Chad is right - just check those mothers:-)
Then there is another thing a 6.5 from one company could be bigger/smaller than a 6.5 from another company so the best way to do all this is measure your holes:-) and get the drawings with the size specs from the speaker manufacturer:-)

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1728
bah.. i was trying to avoid taking my door panels off since everything on my car is a pain to work on.. i do need rear fill.. just enough to be heard because next year im going to try and run SQ at the local shows as long as SPL.. my main focus is to try to stage the sound in the middle of the dash while mounting everything in the stock location.. i might have to try and fab up a fiberglass pod that angles the stock door location up and inward to achieve that

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1288
If your gonna run SQ, think about 5.1, Or the ultimate 7.1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us