CNN vs CNNAV

Bronze Member
Username: Northman

Post Number: 54
Hey guys, any idea why CNN doesn't work, but CNNAV does? They are both on the same freq, same V-PID, same A-PID, same P-PID. CNN Channel 200, CNNAV Channel 19031. Please enlighten me.

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1252
Isn't 19031 a mirror of the 200?
They don't always block the whole tp when conducting ECMs so that might explain it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
The 2 are exactly the same, TP-wise & I tried renaming CNN to CNNAV to see if that would change things, but of course it didn't. I'm a troubleshooter & just trying to understand this. It may have to do with the HEX coding of the channel, & this information is not modifiable on the Ariza 700,
& I'll check if it is on the Ariza Xtreme...go into
the EmEdit.exe & compare the 2 & see what happens if I change info in those boxes. I will post results tomorrow.

Bronze Member
Username: Wired

Post Number: 11
northman,I'm very interested to know what you were able to find out. I too was thinking the same thing. Why CNN is not working? and
Why CNNAV is?

Silver Member
Username: Pirate_pete

Post Number: 152
CNNAV is cable news network american version.Same as cnn world but edits commercials to a us base.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
On one of my Ariza Xtremes, using the EmEdit.exe, I tried playing with swapping the HEX service ID of CNN ( 00C8 ) with the one from CNNAV ( 4A57 ), the loaded back into the receiver. The only thing that changed was instead of the channel 200 being displayed in the numerical list, it was the 19031 CNN & the picture & sound were there. At the bottom of the channel list in the 19000s, 200 was displayed in 19031's place with CNNAV & there was no picture & sound. I'll keep experimenting & see what else I can accomplish. Each of the cnannels have the same information Vid: 1422, Aud: 1423, Pmt PID: 0021 & Pcr PID: 1422...still a mystery, but maybe receivers & editing software don't display all crucial data...any other software known of to dig deeper? We'll see......won't we.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
My first question to myself & I will check this out now. Could it be that one of the channels is running on one set of keys & the other one a different set? Like I said, both have the same Video, Audio & PCR PIDs, one works, one doesn't.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us