Indonesian channel

Username: Tuna

California

Post Number: 1
Does anyone here know how to get Indonesian channels?

California

Post Number: 3
With little research I found that the satelite name is Palapa C2 C-band at 113 degree E (from lyngsat**.com) Then I use satelite finder, az-el calculator (www.satsig***.net/sf.htm) to get the setting where to point my dish, The result as follows :
113.68 and 98.81 but the elevation comes out NaN? Does it mean the satelite is on the other side of earth and is not posible to get the signal from california?
Please help.

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1010
Sorry tuna, it's below the horizon.

Checke out lyngsats main page and you'll notice there are 4 locations to choose from; Asia, Europe, Atlantic and America. Those I believe are the areas you would need to live in to get/pick up the sats found in each list. There are also 3 different options to choose; Frequencies, Packages and Sattracker. Click on 'Asia' in the 'Sattracker' option and then click on the Palapa sat. You'll be brought to a map that has a red line with a dot (that's the sat). You'll notice it's on the complete other side of the map, so unfortunately you're SOL.

California

Post Number: 4
No hope :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 1016
There's hope tuna,
I did some research for you last night and figured a way for you to get it. It's a little complicated but here goes....

1. Get empty boxes.
2. pack personal belonging into boxes.
3. Buy plane ticket to and Asian country
4. Buy/rent home in Asian country.
5. Set up dish in new home in Asian country.
6. Point dish to 113 Palapa sat.
7. Enter keys for Palapa Sat (keys: IM JU ST HA VI NG SO ME FU NWI TH YO U!)
8. Enjoy.

Bronze Member
Username: Smarcus76

Post Number: 32
well tyler, you really helped him.. im trying to get GLOBO, the brasilian channel.. should i go to brasil then?? :-(

please help..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1019
Have you ever seen Brasilian women?
I'd suggest going there.
What sat is GLOBO on and where are you?

And I did help tuna on Monday, but the above post was a joke.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
hi tyler..:-)
yes, im brasilian and i've seen brasilian women ,waaaayy too much i guess... lol.
tyler,im in north jersey, and im not sure if the chanel "globo" is on echo3 (it used to be before that mess on 06/2/06). i know how to blind scan one dish (twin dish pro)i get all the pay per view , all the hbo all the xxx but i dont know how to set up my receiver to look for the channels in the other dish(international). i tried reading post after post but i didnt have any luck so far. when i try to blind scan satelites on echo 3 and all i got was the same channels i get on echko7 and ecko 8.6
any help is apreciated

Regards
Marcus

Gold Member

Post Number: 1020
Provided this is the one your talking about.
Via EchoStar 3 & Rainbow 1 at 61.5°W.
TV Globo Internacional Américas
Channel 596
TP INFO: 12472 L tp 18
It's not spot beamed so you should be able to pick it up. Scan the tp.

You said "when i try to blind scan satellites on echo 3 and all i got was the same channels i get on echko7 and ecko 8.6 "
So a couple questions: Do you have 3 LNB's (twin plus a single)? Two pointed at 110 and 119 and one pointed at 61?
DiSEqC switches are set properly?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
yes i have 3 LBN's, in one dish i have a twin that is a DishPro (the one i get all the ppv and allthe american chanels), and i also have a single that is used for the international channels, yes the diseqc switch was working fine up until to the moment i had a stupid idea to make a factory reset on my receiver. im just a bit confuse how to set them properly on my receiver, so he understands to retrieve channels from the other dish.
what should i put on the diseqc?i tried 1 and 2 and i keep getting the same signals from from echo 8.6 and echo 7 and when i try diseq 3 or 4 i have no quality on the signal..:-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 1021
Which port on the DiSEqC switch has the single LNB pointed to 61? What ever it is(2, 3 or 4), make sure that is selected in your antenna set up.
If that doesn't work, try changing the port that the LNB from 61 feeds to as the one currently in use might be blown.
You can easily blow a DiSEqC port by disconnecting the line from the port and plugging it back in when the receiver still has power. It can either completely eliminate signal quality or just diminish it causing low TP signal level or Bad/Scrambled channels. I just changed mine and there was a noticable signal quality increase on ports 2 and 4.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
well tyler, i dont know what switch has the single lbn pointed to 61, it was working fine 2 weeks ago and nobody went up the roof to change anything since the instalation, i only get signals on diseq1 and diseq2 you think the others might been blown even tho i never went there since the instalation? is there any guide online that i can read to help me a step by step configuration on my international dish?
i tried on dsstester, but no luck so far..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
i think im not giving my receiver the right cordenates to look for the LNB pointed 61

:-(
:-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 1022
I really don't know what's causing the problem, I can only guess as I'm not there.
DiSEqC switches could be one cause of it, or your settings, or the signal on the transponder that carries that channel, or a bad piece of cable, or a bad LNB. there are tons of scenarios.

What receiver are you using?
What is the signal and quality strength on the Channel?
Are other channels on that TP working?
Do you have an old channel list that has that channel listed in it that you could download to the box?
Which bin or are you entering manually.
Have there been any storms in the area recently that could have moved the dish?

On the DiSEqC switch, they are cheap, both in price and the way they are made. The elements can affect them, and messing around with them while the box is plugged in can too. The reason I was focusing on it was because of the symptoms you described.
But at some point you're going to have to find out which port your LNBs are pointing to.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
well, i do have an old pansat 2500(clone) and a new pansat 3500sd(original) the quality on the chanels i see are listed 99%(on both diseq, 1 and 2). Whats an easy way to scan the tp?, no i have no channel list on both boxes. Im i SOL or what..:-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 1023
And if you scan TP 12472 what channels do you get?
And do you get any channels on 61?
Have you ever got any of those channels?
And I have to ask, is that second dish pointed to 61?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
i try to blind scan echko 3 on nimiq#1 and nimiq #2 and all i got are the same channels on echo 8.6 and ecko 7.enven tho it shows echostar package ecko 3 pointed at 61. what am i doing wrong.. thats weird inst it??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1025
What do you mean by 'scan echo3 on nimiq#1 and nimiq#2'? Do you mean DiSEqC 1 and 2?
If you click on SAT on the remote, do the three DN sats appear, plus the Echostar Package? So you'd see Echo3, Echo7 and Echo8 and Echostar Package as options to choose from?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
yes, sorry i meant diseqc 1 and 2.yes the 3 dish apears plus the echostar package , but the weird thing is that on echo 3 i have chanels from echo 7 and echo 8, do you think im scanning the satelite in the right place

Gold Member

Post Number: 1026
It doesn't sound like it.
Try setting the DiSEqC port for Echo3 to a different port and scanning from there. Try setting to port 3, then scan. If nothing, change to 4 and then scan.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
tyler tyler tyler.. you are soooooooooooooooo the man..
yes i do have all my international chanels back, including globo, you are the bomb.. i sure will get you a brasilian woman for sure... lol.. thanks for your time and patience tyler, hard to find people like that these days...:-)

if you need anything just ask.
marcus

Gold Member

Post Number: 1037
What was the problem in the end? Was it the port selection?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1038
P.S. You don't happen to know Alessandra Ambrosio do you???? :-)

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1178
lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
well tyler, the problem was that i did a blind scan on port 3 even tho there was no quality signal at all (0% quality signal) , and then when i realized i was bringing back all the international chanels picture clear.. weird isnt it??
well.. if you are in the city(NYC) alessandra has an apartment on west 35th and madison if im not mistaken.. thats all i know..

lol...:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1039
marcus,
You'll probably find that if you look at the transponders numerically, there is nothing on the very first one which the receiver is defaulted to read on a sat or blind scan. So when you go to scan that port (#3), the signal is reading/displaying off that first transponder and therefore shows 0 quality, leaving the impression that there is no signal at all. If you run into this problem again try a TP scan first, which will list all the TPs and you can select which one you want to scan.
And thanks for the info on AA. She's in my top five for sure!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us