Ecoustics Forum Changes

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3444
Once again these forums are out of control..its become a NON READING site, where NOBODY reads and everybody posts the same things...People here know absolutely NOTHING!...there is NO other DSS forums in the world like this one..Forums are for people to READ manuals and guides FIRST, then TEST, then after testing and reading, ask a question...once U've educated yourself to the BASICS..but NOT HERE!!!!These forums have never been so bad with such Lazy people all wanting to be spoon fed or emailed to their homes, instead of reading the info...Now thats LAZY!...this is a PUBLIC forums, NOT a one on one tutoring session!..its designed for LARGE groups to learn on their own in a very simple manner...BY READING!

These are the VERY basics that every FTA receiver manual will teach U in 30 minutes, if U read it..

The majority 95% of people cannot or do not:

1..know what a bin is
2..load a bin
3..know which bin to used even when posted 1000 places here
4..know what a loader is
5..know what download or write means
6..know the make/model of their own receivers
7..set the default key using their own remotes
8..reset to factory settings with their own remotes
9..know how to scan satellites with the remote
10..know how to reboot receiver with a simple BACK switch
11..know how to set disque port and LNB settings with remote
12..know how to keep the thread on the same topic
13..READ the posts that already have the answers 1000 places

I like to help, but people must help themselves FIRST...otherwise these forums are useless...nobody can learn when everyone is posting/talking and nobody is reading!...the masses will NOT learn with this present out of control chaos and NON READING attitude here!

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1458
Oh well what can i tell you!!!!!!!!

Username: Meheather

Post Number: 2
I gotta agree with LK.. I have only been here a few minutes, and almost everything I have qondered about is available..

Silver Member
Username: Wakenbake

Post Number: 195
if a mod is here
please close year old threads
4000+ is too much
new keys 2500 is over a year old
knucklefunc&er

Gold Member

Post Number: 3446
Actually the BEST information is in the old threads in the ARCHIVES!...we didn't have that many threads then in past... people would read then and find there answers and NOT post redundant questions...

Now all these threads NOT archived (present active threads) are ONLY about 2 days old and they are all the same crap...Most are redundant posts with redundant repeat questions...they are not informative compared to the ARCHIVES because people post too much now and DO NOT READ compared to the ARCHIVED informational posts and threads!

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
true,
but , search function here is useless.

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 927
Yeah, the archives are great, keep them.
And I always feel like Indiana Jones when I go in there. I even bought a hat!!!

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1459
Their not going anywhere.

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
whats the max 10,000 posts

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1006
ecoustics need the downloads section!!! for manuals etc.

Bronze Member
Username: Pirate_pete

Post Number: 82
LK I test and answer to 105/121 on same 18"dish is CLASSIFIED!

Bronze Member
Username: Cybercubi

Post Number: 51
The search really sucks here, and it makes no difference if the files are here or not - you would still have to tell people "go to this thread" like now you say "check out www.xxxx". People are people, some want to learn, some want you guys, the old timers, to solve their problems RIGHT AWAY. All in all its a great forum, more info here than in most dss sites i've been in...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3452
pirate...do NOT hijack this thread!...we all know U're a newbie but at least use your head a little!

Bronze Member
Username: Pirate_pete

Post Number: 87
That's it? yo don"t want the answer?

Bronze Member
Username: Tinfish

Post Number: 33
I totally aqree with LK. There is enough information here from the archives to do away with nearly 90% of questions. It is becoming increasingly difficult to pick discussions that are interesting and subtle.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
LK, would it be possible to have a series of threads associated with the areas that you have listed and be listed as 'Read this first the answer you are seeking may be here' to encourage people. Also people who respond should refer to these threads consistently instead of providing ad-hoc responses and spawning discussions.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
See this for example:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/239989.html

the forum is not a TV guide

Bronze Member
Username: Impala1977

Post Number: 15
Lk gave the advice of copying and pasting some of the threads for future reference. It helps me out a lot to go back and read the stuff I've saved. This sites gets cluttered with too much of the same. Keys!!!!!!!!, Bins!!!!!!, XXXXXX!!!!,Pleassee!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3457
Important informational posts, I will copy/paste into notepad and save into a 'FTA stuff" folder on my computer...always good for reference or if U don't want to 2 finger type like me, when replying to somebody who's needing that same information (which is common here)..

People here tend to post to the top 3 threads ONLY, irregardless of the SUBJECT...ALL the good info is in the ARCHIVES!...because people start so many NEW threads when not needed, especially when there are already 5 other ones with the same Subject as yours, New threads don't last long and end up in the ARCIVES within a week or less..THAT makes finding things difficult...I find the SEARCH feature is not too bad, and use it whenever I can to link info from the ARCHIVES..

Username: Kounting17

Post Number: 7
I must admit that i do agree with you that people are abusing by not reading previous posts. I am a newbie and the past posts have helped me greatly. I thank all and appreciate any responses i've received.
Here's is a legitimate question. Had new bin downloaded by friend and did the rest myself.Initially i loaded new keys into nagra1 and the response was updating data and it reached about 340% when i realized that something was wrong so i aborted. Then i went into the nagra2 and entered the keys and bingo it worked. That was after i read on these boards that the EMU should be turned on.
Now here's my question all seems to be fine except that when i was watching a PPV station suddenly appeared a small flashing message:

TP Auto update!! Current TP Tuning(20%).

This kept repeating over and over with no update and then i couldn't change channels or turn off the receiver with the remote control. The program continued but the flashing message kept appearing. I had to switch it off at the back of receiver, Ariza 700 by the way, and when i turned it back on it tuned in to a different channel. Is anything wrong with the programming or should i not have aborted Nagra1? doubt that though. Everything seems to be working fine and I noticed that this new bin makes every response work faster. Pleased otherwise. Any comments?

Gold Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1026
lunkin: This thread topic is about "Ecoustics Forum Changes".

Bronze Member
Username: Karla

Canada

Post Number: 41
I learned how to do all that by reading here and the other fta sites, when I ask is beacause I couldn't find it anywhere...or just double check on something

Username: Kounting17

Post Number: 8
Eva: thought that it was about how this board has changed quality wise. Sorry. but in regards to my question do you think i have a problem with the tp update freezing? thanks again.

Bronze Member
Username: Banzai

Post Number: 33
Some time I need some info, I have to go thread by thread, archive by archive (the search engine so great that's why I used it one time only :-)). People is always bombardment the thread (1 question appear on 10 thread !!!, most of the case is BIN & KEY). The most freaking thing is still asking the PPV & XXX channels even the BIN releases or not.
I suggest that this forum must has:
1- MOD(s)
2- Sub topics as: News, Manual (Dish & receiver setup, receiver recovery, BIN installation...)
3- Rules (a question should not appear in 2 threads, not harass a thread, ...)

Bronze Member
Username: Kjniceguy

Lethbridge, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 62
Im all for Helping Others, Because i have Received Help, but you are right, too many people come in and dont read first...It was just 2 months ago i came across this website looking for Info...It would be Nice if Main Topics such as Guides ,How-to and any other Help could be front and centre. I know that when i started here ,i read the threads, not knowing the Rules before, i was just lucky i came across the info i needed right away and didnt ask the Stupid Question "New Keys"

Gold Member

Post Number: 3478
I have asked numerous times for a reorganization of this site with SEPERATED topics etc...well Ecoustics is NOT going to change here..

BTW...there are mods here, but they remain "in cognito"...sometimes they are the troublemakers and use various aliases to increase traffic, to be #1 at GOOGLE, which brings in BIG sponsors MONEY!

Username: Lafemme

Post Number: 9
Being a newbie myself, I know I am guilty of asking questions that may have been asked before. But search does not help and I did not find any sticky on how-to nor is there an FAQ on simple stuff.

I asked for simple things on how to get my pansat 2500 up and until today I am still struggling coz everyday it just goes away. When you get here, there is just not easy way to find things. Maybe someone needs to put a thread with basic how-to or FAQs. It might help. And then if someone starts a thread or asks simple quesiton, refer them to that thread.

Just my 2 cents......

Btw: My pansat is not working and I am find a thread that would help me. So far no luck :-(

Gold Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1083
Girl start another thread with your problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3480
Starting another thread,then puts the last thread into the ARCHIVES..and NOBODY reads the ARCHIVES..I'm sure there is a thread active thats applicable..

Gold Member

Post Number: 3485
bump...I guess this thread didn't give the newbies a HINT...or the spoon feeders a hint either..keep spoon feeding, and U will have a NEXT generation of helpless peeps and FTA will die..FTA needs peeps who are willing to THINK, READ,LEARN to continue this hobby!...these are the FUTURE coders!

Username: Mountainman411

Post Number: 3
Amen LK, I'm new to this, owned a Pansat 2700a for 6 months, 3 days ago, I borrowed a 9 pin cord from a guy at work, (neither of us knew what it did), however, after reading some A-R-C-H-I-V-E-S, I figured out it would work with my computer/reciever, went to Pansatusa, downloaded the GTrom, then dsstester, downloaded, and finally, >did some reading< and Eva Diaz had posted full instructions, I followed them, and BAM!, i'm watchin TV. READ!! Yes, I haven't had luck with search either, but it says, plain as day, "Archive through so-and-so date", locate the thread relative to your problem, read, learn, do, and watch TV. Duhh Huhh!!!!! I'm having problems after the new bin download picking up basic chans,. USA, TBS, SCIFI, WGN, CNN, TWC, ect. But am I on here asking someone to spoon feed me? No, I know how to research, and if noone else is having the same prob as me, then I know it's my problem, and I need to tweak my stuff. And when I figure it out, I'll post the solution so anyone who might have the same prob as my ignorant to FTA self might have, there it is, in black and white. Sorry, I'm not tryin to be an a**hole, and LK, at first I thought you were one, till I took your advice, learned how relatively simple this is, and got the info, and at 6 months don't have to rely on some geek to come to my house, or ask repitive questions. I'm not meaning to be an a**, but ppl please, read. I don't know the solution to my problem, but I'm sure it's in here. Scans won't bring them in, so it's either in my on screen Sat setup, or I need to re-align my dish, if all I research either turns up no results, and my own tweaking also doesn't solve it, THEN I ask someone, as a last resort. I'm in my early 20's, and in Redneck town USA, half a** county school education, graduated in the bottom 5 out of 50. If I can figure this out, anyone can. Thanks for your time. Just trying to help. P.S., look for post's by LK or Eva Diaz, I know there's many other reliable, knowlegeable members here, but I've found their advice is gold.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3486
All of Eva's posts are copies of mine...Eva is new here...LMAO...but true!...but she does TRY and help..

FTA is NOT a rocket science... U ONLY get out of it what U put in it!

Based on the recent posts here the past few months, I see FTA dying when the present coders retire and move on to new ventures..

Bronze Member
Username: Rsmc73

Post Number: 79
I have asked lk in march what was a good receiver to purchase. And ask if any one knew anything about a geosat receiver. Other than that i have not had to ask anything else. Its all here. I have never been told how to do anything to any of the three receivers i have. I can understand why he gets so pissed all the time. Because there is really no need to ask any questions at all i have never ask where to get a bin, key, or how to flash or upload the bin to the receiver or how to in put a key. Because i can read i dont like reading but i do like the hobby so thats part of the learning and fun of it. I like these kinds of hobbys. I also hobby with other things like xbox and ps2. Reading is involved with any thing worth learning. Hell i rubbed lk the wrong way the other day and got called a loser. No hard feelings. Im not the smartest loser here but i do read so i dont have to count on someone else to fix my problem.

Post Number: 4
I saw in one of her post's she credited you, and I'm just now realizing FTA isn't all that hard. I myself am guilty of being timid about tweaking my reciever, but with proper research it can be fixed, besides, this is a hobby. This site however provides a knowlege base, it's not a miracle 8 ball. You can't shake it up and get a questionable answer, it's like an encyclopedia, look up, and learn. I like this site, as I've been a "drain" on it for a while, just getting new keys and such. I'm just now learning how to tweak my box to get optimum results.

Post Number: 5
I'm studying as much as I can, and someday I hope to have a vast knowlege of FTA, like all recievers, and set-ups. For future FTA hobbyists, research, test, and learn. Don't be a newbie for life, aspire to give advice, not beg for it, especially for advice thats been given a dozen times on one thread

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 294
All of Eva's posts are copies of mine...Eva is new here...LMAO...but true!...but she does TRY and help..

LK post? He try to help?!
What a BIG DEAL!
what post?

like this

In another thread U started here , U stated U didn't need to read manuals at a recommended site (dsstester)....well don't come here and POST questions like this...Dsstester HAS manuals and files that answer your exact question...

there are NO files , Guides, manuals here..go away and read...Do NOT POST here!

NOBODY answer this LAZY SOB!!!!!

What a POST!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
useless

Username: Dsskid

Post Number: 3
Me and James Millard are the founding fathers
of these here dss forums

and there gettin better all the time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3549
3 posts?..never heard of U...and James Millard is rarely here the past year!

Bronze Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19
LK is absolutely right about people being lazy and posting a question without reading. It would be a good idea to restrict new members to reading only for 3-7 days. The suggestion of having a file download section would help too.

Username: Juanjose

Post Number: 1
hi everybody, good news; today june 20 at 12:45am, I have checked ppv channels and all of them are back; no kidding everything is back. YEEEESSSSSSSS, good luck to everydoby.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3566
quit hijacking the thread juanjose dickweed..where ya been?....long coma or siesta?

Silver Member
Username: Satboy

Ontario

Post Number: 190
Hello LK , I see you are still trying to keep on top of those brainers in here, anyhow I learned a lot about that CW stb. among one you can not use a USB to serial adapter , it just will not work , don,t ask me why, finally hooked up the old pc with a straight NM cable and 5 minutes later was watching TV on that box. just thought I pass it on.

Bronze Member
Username: Fortec16

Post Number: 36
You have to have Win Xp to do that

Gold Member

Post Number: 3569
Please stay on topic here...do NOT hijack this thread!

BTW...with ALL FTA receivers U need SERIAL ports, not USB...USB ports rarely work with any FTA or OS.. and U can use ANY windows OS with FTA and a SERIAL port...95-98-2000-Me-XP

Silver Member

Post Number: 231
situation
norml

Gold Member

Post Number: 3573
its called "SNAFU" situation normal all fooked up

Silver Member

Ontario

Post Number: 192
for your info LK I have been using The Usb adaptor for well ove a year now , with no problems ones or ever on every receiver with the exception of the CW using it with the twisted cable as well as the straight , and I repeat without a hitch, second of all a lot of the new pcs do not have serial ports anymore

Silver Member

Ontario

Post Number: 193
most people today have win XP or better

Silver Member

Ontario

Post Number: 194
reading your thread again LK the answer is not RARELY but most always if your system is configured right, and mine is the Usb to serial adapter will work just fine

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
LK , norml,
nat. org reform mariguana laws
just playin
johny
find a higher roof

Gold Member

Post Number: 3579
I was a member of NORML in 1969 and 1970 while in Nam....Ralph Nader too ..

Johny ...USB ports are NOT recommended for FTA use...Most will NOT work!...ALL setup guides ALL refer to SERIAL ports!

Silver Member

Ontario

Post Number: 195
I am going to tell you again, Pansats,Viewsats,Fortecs and clones as well Coolsats ,these are just some that have no problem being flashed with a USB to serial adaptor, I am not trying to imply like you say recommended,maybe not, but then again it also has to do who sets up the USB adaptor the configuration etc. you must also remember there are a lot of instant wanebees on here that can screw up things without trying, therefore you have your opinion on the matter and I have mine I was only trying to let you know the site you referred me to on the CW ,I learned a lot on that receiver, and still is the only receiver I know , that will not flash through the USB adaptor If you know of any others then please post them , and I will let you know whether they will or not.

Username: Aky

Canada, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 6
i just hear all reciver will be down after one weeks is it right

Username: Aky

Canada, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 7
i need help i just bought a new reciver and i just heari just hear all reciver will be down after one weeks i dont know what i have to do??????????? please help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us