Just a quick question - what exactly does auto-roll do ??

Username: Variuscr

Post Number: 8
With the new BIN 277T I'm using now, I have the auto-roll feature. I've turned it off bcause it made my channels go black yesterday (putting keys and turning box on/off fixed it fine) -- but am curious what it's for?

Is it supposed to automatically find the new keys or something ?

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 904
Yes Varius,
The auto roll gets the new keys and stores them in your receiver.
You'll notice sometimes that the 'waiting for picture 10%' comes up and the % starts climbing. That is the auto roll working, trying to get the keys.
This sometimes happens a few times before the picture comes in.
At times, a bin will stop working due to changes that DN and BEV create to throw off the bins. This will render the bin useless and a new one will have to be created and then uploaded to your receiver. Maybe useless is a poor choice of words, because you can turn it off as you say and enter the keys manually.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 104
I'm pretty sure the latest bins fixed the "autoroll ecm"? I've left my autorolls on and I haven't had any problems so far.

Username: Variuscr

Post Number: 10
Thanks Tyler.

Jason, the first day I loaded the new BIN, i had auto-roll ON and all channels worked fine. Then yesterday they all didn't work though, but turning it off , setting keys manually, and turning the box on/off worked fine.

Maybe it's just my model (Fortec Star LU)

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 105
Could have been just a glich. Keys on DN don't change too often, but maybe you want to try kicking it back to "on".

Username: Meheather

Post Number: 3
Question? When you say turn off the bin do you mean temporarily? Then back on.. OR do you mean go back to the factory setting? In which case wouldn't you have to re load a new bin?

Silver Member

Post Number: 923
Heather,
The new bins have an on off function. Located in the CAS screen, or the menu after entering the secondary pin.
No need for factory settings.

Username: Meheather

Post Number: 4
Ahhh.... Thanks Tyler, didn't know that.. I, or my brother for that matter could never get the keys to work when entered in manually.

Silver Member

Post Number: 925
Heather,
Are they working now? If not, give us a little info and let's see if we can't help you.

Receiver, current bin, your measurements, sats being used, just the standard stuff.

Bronze Member
Username: Piccalo

Post Number: 41
hey guys, does that mean the autoroll feature when turned on will automatically update with new keys and I don't have to manually punch in those numbers and alphabets?

Silver Member

Post Number: 933
That is correct PT.
They lock in the key changes when they occur.
There will come a time when they will no longer do that as DN will mess with the keys to 'hit' the bins.
We won't know how good a bin is until a key change and there hasn't been one on DN since last month.

Bronze Member
Username: Piccalo

Post Number: 42
cool...thanks for the reply Tyler.

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1010
autoroll, autoroll!! Yeah! lol i dont like autoroll.

Username: Sydfahim

Post Number: 1
I have fortec ultra , DN 61.5, International channels, yesterday and today every 6hrs almost a channel disappeard (scramble), what should I do

Bronze Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 31
lol, i liked that tyler. sneaky...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us