A simple Pansat guide for setup and fixes.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2281
A simple Pansat guide for setup and fixes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

first start all over if having problems! ....or start here if new set up.
reset to factory settings in menu screen..

upload factory bin 222 or 224 (pansat 2500 model)...other models use other bins

disconnect disque switches (if U have a NON TWIN DP LNB)

run 119 cable directly to receiver and do a scan of echo 7...then do same with 110 and scan echo 8/6 ...make sure U at least get the FREE unscrambled channels from BOTH satellites...presuming U have 2 LNBs aimed at them, which are MOST popular.. IF U DON'T GET THE FREE CHANNELS,THEN U AREN'T ALIGNED CORRECTLY..

upload latest bin, which now is 273T bin (for the 2500) with BL updater 1.4 and set default key..EMU on..(another menu screen....menu-parental control -2nd pin 0000 - scroll down screen to see "set default key" - select it - enter/save it....emu on)...this is an autoroll bin and will enter the keys for U...will say message "waiting for picture"...may take 1 hr and go to 1000%..be patient...put on DN channel 154 when doing this for Dishnet..once DN is working, then put on a Bev channel, if U have a satellite LNB on roof aimed at 91W..

BTW 273T is a great working bin..for Pansat 2500, clones, and ALL Ultra's..

again use correct bin for your particular Pansat model..if U don't U will corrupt and damage the receiver which U can fix with a Jtag, but is a pain and time consuming!!!

go to receiver settings (menu screen) and configure as such:...menu-installation- antenna

LNB type - standard ...unless U have Dish pro LNB's (they say "dish pro" right on them)

frequency 11250 ...(NOT 10750) thats for linear LNB's and not 110 or 119 sats which use circular LNB's..

disque ON (if U have one) TWIN DP LNB does NOT require a disque switch, BUT still MUST have this configuation in receiver settings..
port #1 - 119
port #2 - 110
scan- all

Now power OFF receiver and hook up disque switch same as receiver settings..port #1 -119..port #2 -110 ...ALWAYS make sure power is OFF when playing with cables and switches...U will damage a switch in 1 second otherwise!

power ON receiver

watch TV..

IF U EVER have any problems, FIRST ALWAYS reboot the receiver from BACK switch...leave OFF for 2 minutes ...then power ON..

The above is all ANY Pansat owner MUST do to fix any problems and watch TV...except they use different bins for each model type!...that was from start to finish!...step by step...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------

IF U have these problems..

flash failed...then U have a defective or wrong cable or serial comport

loss of some channels.... need to scan satellites and transponders again

loss of ALL channels BUT on only 1 satellite....need to check the receiver settings again...sometimes they will change by themselves..also check cables and disque switch...also a very slightly moved dish could lose 1 satellite.

loss of ALL satellites.....check receiver settings, Dishnet keys, cables , connections, dish alignment, new trees and branches or snow on dish in line of sight but first do a receiver REBOOT from BACK switch as I mentioned above..

dashing ----lights on screen....do a SEARCH of night rider lights here for fix

Suggest U copy/paste this into notepad in your computer and SAVE it and Print it!

Bronze Member
Username: Conti

Post Number: 47
I found the problem with my box.

The jack where the sat line is hooked does not have a firm contact with the sat cable. I compared the hole to the other 3 around it and found that the teeth indside the jack had spread.

Is there any repair for this ?

I bought an adapter jack from radio shack, bent the tip to about 30 degrees and carefully screwed the adapter to the defective jack. I then screwed on the cable from the dish and have clear signal.

I had this problem before and pushing the cable in as much as I could resolved the problem then. This time no such luck and the adapter from RS solved the problem.

Is there anyway to replace the defective jack ?

Bronze Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 54
Are you talking about this (see red circle)???
you stripped the thread on the back of the receiver?Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
That is the jack.

I did not strip the thread. If u look carefully in the hole in the center of the jack, u will see it has teeth that will open a little as u push in the sat cable.

On my box, I was suddenly losing all signal and wondered what was amiss. I looked at the hole in the jack and compared it to the other 3 around it and saw that the teeth indside the hole had gapped.

So when I inserted the sat cable, there was good connection for a couple of minutes, then no signal. I suppose with the heat, the gap expanded.

I repaired as described above. Good signal and I am getting all channels.

Anyway I can replace that jack ????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
I'm sure it's possible to replace it. I don't know what's on the inside of the unit that it's connected to. Most likely runs to a boad of some sort. Maybe take it in to get looked at. A tv or sat repair shop might be able to fix it for cheap?? Don't know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
Tyler,

I have (DP plus) 110, 119 and 148 connected to the DP plus. One cable running to the box.

Do u have the antenna setup specs - lnb, diseq etc for the above setup?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
I don't but check out Al Bundys post in this thread.
Not sure if it's what you're looking for but it might help or you may figure it out on your own from some of his points.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/219450.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us