Possible bad LNB?

Username: Copyright

Post Number: 1
Very new to all of this. I have great quality on the 119 side and none at all on the 110 side. Using a 3500SD which is great besides this 110 problem. Any advice? Im thinking of testing the LNB directly and removing the switch to see if its the problem. I think I have a buddy with an LNB I can test with also. When looking at the 119 I have 77% level and 90% quality. The 110 shows 34% level and 0% quality. Thanks in advance for any help!

Post Number: 2
Just to verify my wiring.. im taking a cable from a legacy head on 110 side and 119 side feeding into a switch that had an output for a reciever. I talked to a local shop who told me whoever said to do that is an idiot and that each port feeds both 119 and 110.. it has two outputs for 2 recievers.. Who is correct?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2131
U are at fault, nobody else!...there are different type LNB's...Legacy and Dish Pro...Single,Dual,Twin and Quad..U must tell us and the "shop" which U have!!!I have posted pictures of all of them 1000x here..the shop or we don't know what U have ...unless we saw it...BUT U SHOULD KNOW!...U have MUCH learning and reading to do!

A TWIN and Dual both have 2 outputs for 2 receivers!..

a TWIN has 2 'eyes" and carries BOTH the 110 and 110 on 1 cable...

a Dual has 1 "eye" and can only receive 1 satellite signal..

A Twin Legacy LNB, U cannot use with a Pansat....

A Twin Dish Pro works well with a Pansat...

A Dual legacy or Dish pro works with any FTA receiver..

DUAL DP....Upload

TWIN DP....Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2132
TWIN LNB's has built in switches (DP-has 2 interior disque switches and legacy has 2 sw21 switches)and U don't need any external switches unless U are connecting a 3rd LNB..

Post Number: 3
Thank you LK.. ive been reading all day and basically just learned what you told me.. I keep going back to the guy who told me how and he keeps telling me I have it right when I keep reading I dont. Im making the changes tonight.. I have the TWIN DP you have pictured on the bottom. Thanks again and yes much much to learn. I will continue reading.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2137
U must configure your receiver settings and do scans of BOTH satellites..if the 110 is good ,then the 119 should pop right in too..U could have a bad cable or output..but do the settings and scans first...see what happens..

settings in installation menu..
LNB type- dish pro
Disque ON
port 1-119
port 2 -110
scan- ALL

Gold Member

Post Number: 2138
U cannot remove any switches...they are built in...TWIN DP is very simple to align..run 1 cable direct to receiver..try other output...and put it on a high TP # when aligning the dish!...and U will ONLY Vertical TP's, cause horiaontal are converted to vertival..

Post Number: 4
Im getting a level of about 80% on both 119 and 110. The quality on 119 is 90% at the moment and 0% on the 110 side? I figured if I had 119 tuned in id have 110 also? I am gonna check those settings for the 110 and 119. Thanks again for your knowledge LK. I am also on 143 bin for my 3500SD and I am aware of the 145 that is out. Maybe I should do this update? I keep reading mixed reviews on 145.

Post Number: 5
Under my installation menu for the 3500SD the settings you listed are what I have already setup. 119 is working great but I get this weird drop that takes me into the 30s on quality that usually happens when im messing around in the menu.

Post Number: 6
I just read this....

"U cannot use the TWIN Legacy LNB for FTA unless its a cool-sat or view-sat!"

Is this my problem? so I guess I have to get a single 110 and 119 LNB?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2140
U said..."I have the TWIN DP you have pictured on the bottom."...I cannot help U anymore...U don't even know what U are saying!

Post Number: 7
I cant find a difference between the two? Its a TWIN setup like the picture below. The person who sold it to me said it was Legacy. There is no writing on it at all. If its legacy how can I tell?

Post Number: 8
I just got up on my roof.. this thing says Dish-Networks on it.

Post Number: 9
Ok, I must have Legacy Twin and thats my problem. I guess when using a legacy twin on a pansat it wont work properly to get both 110 and 119 although my 119 is almost perfect I have no quality or channels on the 110. I guess my only option is to go dual legacy or dual DP? Twin DP will work with this reciever? I thought I might have twin DP becuase of the fact I was getting 119 but apparently not after looking at pics of the legacy and DP which obviously says DP on it. Again thanks for your input LK. I have had this up and running for 2 days after listening to a guy explain how to do it and not telling me a thing about twin , dual, legacy or DP.

Bronze Member
Username: 1irambo

Post Number: 36
It is a DP twin. It should work. Check the disq settings. I had to change both of mine to #1. But on mine pic + qual were ok. Maybe fine tune your dish? Dont contradict yourself if you are wanting help from the long timers. I learned this the hard way. Read more. Lots of threads on diff sites. Read,Read,and read some more. LK has sites with good info pasted in other threads. Good luck!

Post Number: 10
I will play with the settings like you suggested. I dont see anything about DP on the LNBF but im contacting a local shop to ask them about it. Im doing my best to learn as much as possible but im getting mixed info from other ppl and sites. LK knows what he is talking about and I realized that after spending hours on this site reading. Im not giving up till I figure it out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Whats really strange is that I have 90+% quality on 119 but if I play around in the menu just looking and not changing settings it will do this sudden drop and stay at around 40% and I lose all picture. The only way I found to get this back to 90% is to toggle between the 110 and 119 inside the setup screen that shows their independant signal strengths. I do it like 3 times and it comes back to 90%. Wierd eh?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2142
ALL Dish Pro LNB's say "Dish Pro" right on them!...U obviously have a TWIN Legacy...now that U beat that horse to death!....reason U can't use it, is that they are made for Dishnet receivers, NOT FTA...the sw21 interior switches is not compatable with Pansat receivers....both the signals are not being recognized by the Pansat!....coo*lsat and viewsat have added sw21 into their menu's and made their receivers compatable with these LNB's...but ONLY those 2 FTA receiver types...Twin dish pro are compatable with all receivers..!

Bronze Member
Username: 1irambo

Post Number: 37
What is on the dish? Does it read 500? If so, Maybe it is the DP TWIN lnb originally installed on that dish? If there is nothing on the lnb it it is probably legacy.. Get DP twin, problem solved. Not to familiar with sites for this product, LK will know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Dish 500 and im fairly sure the LNBF is legacy. Im calling up a local shop to see what they have tomorrow. I was getting totally frustrated with all of this and then realized my A/C is going out in my house HAHA.. it never ends!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thank you LK!!!!! I am finding the DP Twins fairly cheap on ebay.. not sure which shops are trustworthy online. Now taht I know how to fix this its time to work on the a/c!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2150
There are Dish 500 and Dish DP 500...so people shouldn't think tahat they are all the same...they are NOT!...radio shack sells LNB's...and DSS forums with a buy /sell area like hashhu.c*om

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
So this DP TWIN will work on my DISH 500 dish correct? The one I just ordered has DP all over the LNBF. I just dont want to have to change the dish also.

Username: Wnyzfinest

Post Number: 5
Bud me and You are in the same boat,, where did u buy ur Dish/LNB??

I have a DISH 500 guy was annoying me that a Legacy would work, I went on and On,, and some tps where not read on the most part a good amount of tp's got 99% Quality,
channels like PPV and x where not coming up,, I had like
500+ channels preloaded and did a delete , Hopefully I change lnb today to a DP TWIN, and I get everything back to normal

Post Number: 7
Bud me and You are in the same boat,, where did u buy ur Dish/LNB??

I have a DISH 500 guy was annoying me that a Legacy would work, I went on and On,, and some tps where not read on the most part a good amount of tp's got 99% Quality,
channels like PPV and x where not coming up,, I had like
500+ channels preloaded and did a delete , Hopefully I change lnb today to a DP TWIN, and I get everything back to normal

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Glad to know im not the only one. I keep taking advise from my friend but after doing some reading on here I realize he doesnt know that much about any of this. I got the LNB on ebay from a comany that garuntees it to work. Cost me right at 28$ shipped.

Post Number: 9
the funny thing is that the guy who i bought it from keeps insisting that legacy works isn't this annoying? He said he will switch but there are bugs on that... Screw that LK makes sense because the people who i know have Dish Pro LND's Not Legacy,,, Now this should explain why I had Less Channels on the Legacy..
Bud Did U Ever Get PPV

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Yeah I got the PPV that were on the 119 but nothing on 110. It would show the level % as 80 but nothing on quality for the 110 signal. Ill know next week of the DP Twin fixes the issue.

Post Number: 10
yea I had the ppv at first but I lost em and the signal started getting crazy
look the legacy aint gonna work lol,
I know people with pansats and they use the dish pro

I'm on a dish 500 so I'm going to connect,,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
now on my antena search i get EchoStar 7
and echo star 6 &8

Bronze Member
Username: British

Post Number: 19
Bud and Danny, did you tried on diferent transponders? not all have signal.

Bronze Member
Username: Letmeon

PPVs diappeared because of TP changes on 110.
Do Blind Scan on 110. I got all PPVs back.
Also new TV stations including WNED, showed up in the blind scan. Other scrambled channels due to keychange to new one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Now Another thing ,, When 110 Is being used 119 doesn't work, I have to scan..
Am Using
DISH 500 over DISH PRO TWIN LNB
Pansat 2500
90% QUALITY! on both
Using the DISQ 4x1 Switch

what menu options on pansat can help

Gold Member

Post Number: 2161
how can U watch 2 satellites at the same time?...there are 2 built in disque switches with the TWIN DP LNB, so U MUST set the receiver settings...menu -installation-antennae

LNB type- Dish Pro
freq- 11250
Disque ON
port 1 -119
port 2- 110
scan - all

AS far as PPV's and missing channels....U MUST perodically do new scans...Dishnetwork is moving channels to new TP (transponders) and satellites..for example...350 channels were moved yesterday!...

Most recent changes to the Dish Channel List page

4/25/06

Apologies for how long it took to get last night's changes all uploaded into the board. Over 350 channels moved so updating the charts took a while. All changes thanks to info provided by (ANON) unless otherwise noted)
Transponder 3 at 110° (E*6) was moved to transponder 14 (E*8). This affected channels 217/9601, 221, 458, 525-530, 532, 9684, 9685, 9940, 9941
Transponder 14 at 110° (E*8) was moved to transponder 3 at 110° (E*8?). This affected channels 187, 229, 343, 493, 8300-8303 (Atlanta major networks), 8490-8493 (Chicago major networks)
Transponder 27 at 110° (E*6) was moved to transponder 6 (E*6). This affected channels 223, 456, 467, 504, 508, 518, 522. 537, 539/864, 841, 842, 9681, 9682, 9686, 9926, 9928, 9934
Transponder 29 at 110° (E*6) was moved to transponder 8 (E*8). This affected channels 100, 503, 506, 507, 510, 516, 521, 523, 524, 9927, 9929, 9998
Transponder 31 at 110°(E*6) was moved to transponder 10 (E*8). This affected channels 156/919, 203/893, 216, 218, 219, 485, 538, 988, 999, 9415, 9509. 9611, 9612, 9683, 9900,
SPRKY (257) a Dish Network Engineering channel which not available to subscribers made its return to 110° on tp 2
"SPORT" channels 462, 463 and 464 were returned to 110° on tp 2 (E*8) (For those that haven't noticed, transponder 2 at 110° is no longer a spot beam transponder)
Shreveport, LA locals (7015-7021) and its mirrors on channel 6203 & 6204 for the Tyler, TX market moved from tp 10 spot 8 at 110° (E*8) to tp 27 spot 15 at 110° (E*10)

Bronze Member

ok well on my Pansat 2500
I have Two Settings
ECHOSTAR 7
and ECHO STAR 6&8
On the Setting THE disqec only has OFF #1 , 2 , 3 ...

And What I Connect the wire from the Dish Directly to reciever without Pansat Switch?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2174
U need to read for a few weeks because U know absolutely NOTHING...and posting redundant ridiculous newbie questions is NOT going to teach U anything!...and waste your time and all of ours!....go READ the Pansat Guides and manuals at every DSS site!...there are NO manuals or Guides or Files here to learn from!

and I just explained in my previous post about the disque and the correct settings for a TWIN DP LNB.....CAN U read???????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I understand,, I got the part of buying the DISH PRO TWIN LNB, and Doing Blind scan,, But The issue I have is that I cant seem to lock on both sats at the same time, Im Using the PANSAT 4x1 Switch,, over a pansat 2500, and I have Signal,, but again I cant seem to lock on Both at the same time.....

If I scan Both Dishes Will I get a Lock on both,,?

Any Suggestions,,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
If its a DP Twin what are you hooking up to the switch? doesnt the DP twin have a built in switch already? Shouldnt just one line from one output on the LNBF support 110 and 119 if hooked directly to the pansat? Did you try removing the switch and running strait to the reciever?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2179
Bud U are 100% correct...Danny has done NO reading...his questions are ridiculous!....If U don't the homework or go to baseball practice U don't and can't play!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Got it working,, From What I Learned broken down,,

PANSAT 2500 (with 273a BIN)
Using a Dish 500 with Dish Pro Twin LNB
Connect the wire from LNB to Pansat Directly!
Then Program the Reciever to Dish Pro/ 11250 / DISQ 1 and 2 respective to Sats, Make sure YouGet a Quality (50% or better)
Then Run BlindScans (VERTICAL) on Sats 110/119
and BOOM!

Works Like a Charm

Quick Notes,, LEGACY Doesn't work on Pansats
If Your Reciver has channels and all are acting up, most likely because of TP Changes, there fore do a Channel Delete"ALL" then do blind scans

huh LK I did a little reading,

Now I dont want to be strangeld lol,, Up to How Many recievers can go on 1 Dish, and If You want to add more then lets say the 2 on the LNB, lets say 3 or 4 tv's what has to be bought,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Glad you got it working Danny. LK im getting as much batting practice as possible until my DP TWIN comes in next week!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Got my new DP Pro LNBF installed and running into the same problems I had before.. cant seem to get them both with a quality reading. Its weird because 119 will show 99%.. all of a sudden I will have 0% and then 110 will have 60%. I cant get a signal out of both at the same time. I assume I dont have this thing aimed correct and need to do some more adjusting/reading.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
have you connected the dish directly to the pansat reciever

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Yeah, I figured that out a long time ago. Just that I had a legacy twin to begin with so it wasnt gonna work right. This DP Twin seems better. Im getting 110 and 119 working at hte same time but a lot of 110 arent working even after a blind scan.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us