B-70 lock up on pansat 3500sd reciever

Username: Phidget

Post Number: 1
Hi. Was wondering if anyone had any info on how to recover from a b-70 lock up. Everything was fine this morn till i tried to write epg 148 bin to receiver and got b-70 and that's it...tried loading factory bin bins 108, 117, 120api with with 3 or four versions of gtrom loader and all I get is flash update fail...still kind of a newbie and could use any info that might lead me in the right direction to fix....please help!

Bronze Member
Username: Paint

Post Number: 28
Look in the 3500 thread, think LK had a b-70 post,
bin 148 is for 2700, you needed 143, 144, or 145

Post Number: 2
Thanx JD...i will look through 3500 thread. I forgot to mention that I had 145 loaded and working and then like a dumbass i was searching around and found 148 which i thought was a epg fix cause mine went all sqwerrly, so i loaded the freakin bin and that's how i ended up in this mess!
Don't fix what ain't broke right?
lesson learned...thanx again!

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1948
145 is a OLD 2700 bin...not 3500 bin...shame on U!...U screwed up...get the factory 3500 bin out now..U might get lucky

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
LK, A little terminology difference. If you open Pansat 3500SD EPG.zip the bin is marked 145. Not being a 2700 fan didn't realize there was a a 145 for those too.

Phidget, sorry for confusion, you can get bin at future-fta.

Post Number: 3
Hey, that's ok...things couldn't possibly get confusing around here could they? lol. well, since my last post, i've been trying and retrying to load the factory bin on a couple of different putors with no success...I ended up last night curled up in a corner, twitching and sucking my thumb!LOL I woke up this morning refreshed, took my receiver to a buddy's with my null modem cable, just to see if that was the problem....twas not...factory bin loaded fine and everything is right in the world again. For some reason my receiver is not communicating with my PC or vice versa. The only thing I did'nt try is restart my pc after I connected the receiver to it....even though it looked like my pc recognized the hardware maybe it didn't or won't until restart? Anyway, thanx to both of you LK and JD youve been a great help. You've obviously got your poup in a group on this stuff and it's good to know, that there's someone out there to help. I'm still learning and I'm a determined little sh+t who won't give up until i learn all the ins and outs and dos and dont's. And I just learned my first don't ! Thanx again
L8tr

Gold Member

Post Number: 1959
JD....my mistake...I thought U were referring to the other X87 2700 145 old bin...not the X05 3500 new 145 bin...my apologies..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Phidget, why are you messing with the cable when you can be using the SD card? I use Mac so don't know about PC problems but hear that PC's don't default to com port 1 or available port, there is a little program floating around that let's you check your com port, it's posted on this site somewhere.

LK, communication is the biggest problem in the world, if we could ever be on the exact same wave length all things would work smoothly, our minds always default to our last thoughts and the areas we know best, thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1980
this is it..
application/x-zip-compressedUpload
comport check utilty.zip (5.4 k)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1981
THE OLD, but still needed, NULL MODEM, WAY:

Also required way to RECOVER FROM b-70 LOCK-UP ERRORS - which may be caused by corrupted or improper bins - channel or code.

1) Using the switch on the back of the receiver, turn the power OFF.

2) Connect RS232 Null Modem(#2,3 crossed) cable between the receiver and PC.

3) Open the GTRom Loader V3.36 or V3.37 (Pansat 3500S).

4) Click and browse to select the unzipped Factory Bin File which is to be downloaded.

5) Select FILE TYPE: APP FILE ONLY

6) Power up the 3500 with the switch on the back and as soon as you see the front display flash b-70, hit the download button of the GTRom loader.

7) Do not interrupt the receiver or its' power while downloading until after it re-boots on its own.

Press OK after "Download Complete!!" appears on the PC screen.

Unless you need to re-flash from a constantly displayed b-70, you really should use the SD card - it's faster and easier on the cables and equipment.

Post Number: 4
JD, Actually I only use the SD to write the bins, the only reason I had to resort to using the cable and PC is cause I ended up in b-70 lock up after writing a bad bin from the SD card, and after the receiver rebooted it was locked on b-70, there was no access to sd card at this point or anything else for that matter. This was the first time I've actually had to use the cable, hopefully it will be the last! I still feel a little out of whack after that whole ordeal, not sucking my thumb anymore....but I still got a little twitch! lol but unfortunatley, at least in my past experience, in order for me to learn, I have to srew sh+t up once in awhile! But I always learn from my mistakes. The only prob is I can't stand the fact that I didn't succeed using the null modem....and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep at it until I get it to work. I also forgot to mention, that I had to purchase a prolific serial to usb adapter in order to connect my stb to PC, I installed it on com 4 and it shows in device manager so I'm assuming that my pc has recognized the stb. I see LK has posted a comport utility check and will try that and see what happens. Thanx
L8tr

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Forgot you started this with b-70 problem, with LK support and comport utility should be watching TV

Username: Duckcow

Post Number: 1
I think I did the same thing... but my brand new out of the box 3500sd died. A pop up said some thing like illegel card then turned off. how do I get it going again? help please.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us