Superdish & pansat 3500sd

Username: Billybeerboy

Carthage, Il United states

Post Number: 8
A friend of mine has the superdish with the dp34 switch.My question is will the setup he has now with the dp34 work with the pansat 3500sd.I have dish 500 with the twin lnb so I dont need a splitter inbetween the dish and receiver but I am not sure about his setup since it is different.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2163
NEVER use "splitters" with satellite!...nobody needs a DP switch unless U have more than 1 receiver..bud could use 2 disque switches if only has 2 receivers, 1 disque switch if 1 receiver...buds will work fine with DP34 switch, if has multiple receivers...Superdish has 3 DP LNBs...U need NO switches...TWIN DP LNB has 2 interior disque switches already..run 1 cable directly to receiver to get the 110-119..

BOTH of U must setup your receiver settings though..menu-installation-antenna

LNB-type-dish pro
freq-11250
disque ON
port 1-119
port 2-110
port 3-121

and all sats must be scanned!

Username: Billybeerboy

Carthage, Il United states

Post Number: 9
Im sorry I meant a pansat switch in between the receiver and satellite not splitter.You helped me get my system going good.My buddy has the superdish and the reason I was asking this question is because it is slightly different with the dp switch and he is also going to buy 2 3500's.I am going to hook it up for him.So since he is going to buy 2 receivers.Could I just use the DP switch that is currently already hooked up to the dish?I dont know if this makes a difference but our local channels are 105.Oh and the back of his fatboy lnb says Hdtv on it.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2165
DP switches are ONLY compatable with Dish Pro LNB's which say "dish pro' on them...they can be used with Dishnetwork DP receivers (subscribers) or FTA receivers..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us