Wire

Username: Asam

Post Number: 1
Hi

I needed help with my sattelite, I have a
Clone Pantec and wanted to know what kind of wire i would need to connect from my computer to the recieve to transfer files, and if possible please let me know the name of the store where i can get it.

Thank you

Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 5
You need a serial cable. Depending on the brand of clone you will need either a null modem or a straight through cable - the store should be able to tell you which you need. You will also need software in order to transfer files from your computer.

The store you will have to find on your own, or, buy off of the Internet.

Bronze Member
Username: 1irambo

Post Number: 33
LK,need more help please. Went to futurefta and looked at a cable thread. On 9 pin ca he says use null modem.(Ok Understand) But he lists also If modem ca is not used, then use straight through ca with null adapter.(Ok I understand) He goes on to say that all pins are straight through except 2 and 3 are switched. I checked ohms on my null ca and am not coming up with that configuration. I have (1-4) (2-3) (3-2) (4-6,1) (5-5) (6-4) (7-8) (8-7) (9 Not used). Does this seem right? Dont want to fry my 2700.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2114
what are U doing?...go buy a cheap null modem cable $7...radio shack has them too..

http://www.dishjockey.com/index.php?cPath=26&osCsid=b3b8dd90b9bc9082ffc29affe27e 15d3

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
I have a null modem cable. The other THREAD on future-fta had me cornfused. Thread.php?p=56720. Maybe misinformation?(not enough knowledge to judge yet) Will use my cable. Another subject; what do you know about Invacom quad lnb? Found on Dish Joc. Looking for easy way to pick up dn + dtv. Will this work on 1 receiver? Will it work for both dn+dtv? Probably dumb question, but I like to pick your brain cause you will have the answer or can turn on to helpful site. The quick response from this site is better than waiting 2-3days from other sites. I was looking at other posts here- WHAT crawled up Rakshits bunghole? You can only help those that are serious about dss. (Sorry for any dumb question, but Im as GREEN as they come. Willing to read though and wanting to learn. THANKS

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2115
DTV cannnot be hacked now and when it WAS 2 years ago, any circular LNB would work..U have no need for that invacom, especially if a newbie!...keep it simple...DN 110-119 is 600 channels right there..just need a simple poormans dish..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Thanks for the quick response! I will not get too much farther with multiple lnbs then at this point.Happy with what I have now. But is there a sat that is worth getting other than 110/119 in your opinion? If so I will do more research on that. Thanks again. This is why most peps come to etronics. Lots of helpful info!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us