Need help to get started.

Username: Bbrampower

Post Number: 2
Hey, my name is Mike, and I am fairly new to car audio, I want to get some subs for my 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Extended Cab.

I was planning on buying 2 8" subs. I was looking at the JL Audio 8W3v2, since my friend has JL's 12's and they are really nice. I want some more bass but nothing overpowering that is why I am thinking about buying something a little bit smaller.

Now I have a few general questions about subs. I see that they sell them in different oms. What is the difference between them, what does the oms change do?

Since the sub comes in different oms, which one would work the best, what is the difference between 6,4 and 2 oms.

What the 8W3v2 be good subs mentioning the fact they they will be installed inside the cabin under the back bench? Will these create a nice sound? They are rated at 125 watt a peice.

I know that JL underestimates the RMS of their subs. So would I be able to get an amp that puts out 150 watt RMS x 2? And what kind of amp could I get for these subs that would work, not be underpowered but not be more then lets say $140. I know I need a 2 channel but I don't know which kind and everything.

If you guys could answer these questions I would greatly appriciate that.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2557
I think I got this one in the amplifiers forum, right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us