Subwoofer Connection

Bronze Member
Username: Eddietfman

Hong Kong

Post Number: 19
Hi all experts out there,

If a subwoofer can accept both Line Level In (LFE) and Speaker Level In and my integrated amp has 2 sets of Pre-out (one to connect power amp section and the another is a spare for future expansion / other application), should the subwoofer be connected through the line level or through the speaker level? Which one will be better?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6661

If the outputs are pre amp only, and not a dedicated LFE output, you should try both connections. Running from the speaker level outs will allow you to use the subwoofer's high pass filter to remove the deepest bass signals from your main speakers. Sometimes people will prefer to take that load off the main speakers and sometimes people prefer to run their mains full range with the subwoofer only picking up the information the main speakers cannot successfully manage.

Bronze Member
Username: Eddietfman

Hong Kong

Post Number: 20
Thanks Jan for your advice. I will try both ways and find the one work best.

Unregistered guest
I have 2 x 10's 600watt (RMS) each with dual voice coils. They are rated at 4ohms per voice coil. My amp is 2400W Max @ 2ohms (1200W x 2). It can either be wired 300W x 2 @ 2 ohms (RMS), 600W x 1 @ 4 ohms (RMS), or 300W x 2 @ 4 ohms (RMS). How should I wire them to make the most power?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us