Hooking up my Quad Polar LNB

Bronze Member
Username: Learningsats

Post Number: 23
I now have my Quad Polar Invacom LNB and my 76cm dish. I just ordered a 2X1 DiSeq switch (DMS International). I plan to run two short RG6 cables (1 from a circular connection and 1 from a linear connection) into the 2x1 switch. I was thinking the switch can just be attached at the mast, then run a single RG6 from the switch inside to the receiver (when I get one). Would this be a good setup? What I think I need to get are two RG6 "Jumper" cables maybe 2 or 3 feet long to go into the switch. Does that sound correct? Then one very long RG6 to run to the receiver. Let me know if I am incorrect in my thinking with this setup.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Oh I forgot to mention, I am planning to also get a Stab Usals mover, so I guess the switch will not be mounted to the mast, it will actually just be floating a little under the dish. I guess also I will need a 3rd short rg6 to run from the switch into the mover, then connect the long rg6 to the mover. Is that correct?

Anonymous

I own Quad Polar, and 76cm, too. I use 4x1 Diseq (noname china), with couple L and C RG11 LONG cables (will be all 4 soon, for another receiver). Cables are long because cheapo switch works better when closest to the receiver. At one point, my cable run was over 50 feet, so I tried couple inline amps. Got me extra 5...8 in Fortec Signal Strength points, and nothing, or mere 2-3 points in quality, took those amps out, made those runs closer to beeline, hence about 35 feet.

Quad Polar is one heavy beast, and could attain a somewhat wrong attitude (looking somewhat 'higher' because of extra strain of its holding ring). To my amusement, I got extra strength & quality points when turned it 90 degrees and used its cables (clamped to arm) to fix that 'hanging' attitude.) Also solved the problem of scratching my roof when using the motor to reach my easternmost (lowest) sat.

Again, knowledgeable people recommend to add switches closest to receiver, and amps being closest to LNB. Long runs of cable might be made better in white weatherproof RG11. Quad Polar by Invacom has superior noise fugure only in good earth presence, especially when HH-motor, and lots of air electricity (like when raining) are involved, so think of some good copper braid bolted on your motor and clamped/soldered on your drain/tap pipe.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
I think I will have to put the 2x1 switch closer to the dish since I plan to have a mover. So the two short cables would come out of the LNB (1 circular and 1 linear) directly into the switch, then one short coming out of the switch into the mover. Then one long coming out the mover going into my apartment into the receiver.

Doesnt that sound like a little better setup or doesnt anyone think that will not work? If it won't please explain why and what I could do differently.

Thanks,
david
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us