Speaker vs Line-level conections?

Bronze Member
Username: Bvan

Post Number: 14
I'm wondering about Rel's recommended speaker-level connection.

There seems to be some sense in giving the sub the exact same signal as the front speakers as Rel maintain, but the disadvantage of this sort of connection is that, if you are equalizing your sub, you then only have controll of frequencies bellow where your mains natrurally roll off, as opposed to bellow 80hz if you are lusing line-level and bass mgnt.

how does one way up these two factors?

cheers

b.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6758

It would depend on where you are crossing your main speakers and why you are using EQ on the sub. If you are using EQ on the lowest octaves produced by the subwoofer, why not use EQ on the main speakers' output also?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
cross over would be at 80hz

the eq is a $100 pro audio gizmo(bfd) which i wouldnt want to use on $2000 mains. i use it to flatten the teo peaks i have, at 30 and 90hz.

cheers

b

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6778

So you own $2,000 main speakers and choose to run a $100 EQ on the sub?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
yeah, that seem strange? i know of lots of others using the behringer 1124 on their subs and who have better systems than mine.

there is no loss of sq at all. wouldnt dream of using it on my mains but subs are not very revealing of upstream electronics and cables i dont think.

what else is their for anaogue systems short of the rives parc which costs more than my mains?

anythings better than 10db peakes and dips.

cheers

b
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us