Hey Jonothan, need recommendation for components!!

Silver Member
Username: Jbailey

Indianapolis, Indiana

Post Number: 134
Well Jonothan, I was planning on getting the CDT HD63 braxial set that we had discussed about a month ago, but I had a deal fall through ($320 for the set, new) and I don't think I can afford them from the other places I've seen them online (usually over $400). Anyway, now I need your assistance with finding another set. I actually will only have about $300 to spend on the speakers and shipping costs and I want to buy something that will be as close to the HD63s as possible for the money I have available. I would really like to find a system with the tweeter and woofer mounted together, but I don't think any normal "coax" style component system will sound as good as the CDTs with their angle mounted tweeter and use of a bracket. Anyway, it doesn't have to be a coax type system, I just want to get the best I can for the money. If you only had $300 for comps what would you buy? Thanks very much for the help buddy.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8024
cheapest place I know for CDT is www.thezeb.com

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 462
you are not jonothan

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 257
ouch......this is a forum, not a personal PM network. Sorry but I think that was rude Mark. I think he was just trying to help. Besides Glass has enough knowledge and experience to validate his advice.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8142
he's still mad about his car.
hehe

hey Mark, if you want Jon to respond, maybe learn how to spell his name :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Ssoonr

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 53
cant pm jon on this forum... to defend justin

Justin, why not save up a little more to get what you want. Just a thought, but dont buy something that you arent set on... might always wonder "what if" etc... once again, just a thought.

Glass, any suggestions on components for justin at that price point?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4275
The Zeb is the best place for CDT that I know of. HDs are $425 there, a little out of your range. You can either save up or just go another route. Scour over Ebay really good, you'll frequently see HDs sell at $300.

If you wanting a coaxial style, you can do it yourself via a typical component system and some plumbers strap. It's stiff enough to hold the tweeter and flexible enough to bend as you want. That being said, it's hard to find a good set of smooth drivers for $300 and really hard to beat the HDs for the money spent. Adire Kodas are great for the money, tweeter isn't quite as smooth as the HD tweet, but isn't harsh either. Stronger midbass, though. You could try to find a deal on some Morel Integras or Integra Ovations (the Ovations are newer), those are some great coaxial drivers.

It's really hard for me to say what I'd do in your shoes, in your situation I'd try to save the money and get the HDs to be honest, they're worth the wait. If not, then look into the Kodas and possibly the Morels (if you can find them).

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8176
try these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5789410831&category=32819 %26%26

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4278
Ooohh :-) Didn't see those on there last night, glad you found some

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8187
new pair lists for $550 a little lower.
I'd wait till the last couple minutes and bid your $320.
it's worth the price for those.

Silver Member
Username: Jbailey

Indianapolis, Indiana

Post Number: 136
Hey guys, thanks for all your help. I found an authorized dealer for CDT that hooked me up with a great deal on the HD-63s ($350 shipped), so I will be using them afterall. Those Dynaudios would be really nice too, but I think the HD braxials will be better suited to my installation constraints. Thanks again.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us