Need a loud a$$system wit louds bass in the car an out way down the street

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 242
need a loud system wit loud bass in the car an out way down the street need 1 amp an 2 12s spendin around a grand on amps an subs if any post sum up here

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 243
an whats the best kind of box 2 get that loud bass an travel far sealed or ported

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 244
i want 2 jl 12 w3s v2s an now i just need a amp 2 power them right an wat box is better 4 them ported or sealed

Bronze Member
Username: X_cold_x

Amsterico, NY USA

Post Number: 42
PORTED box for SPL and SEALEd box for SQ. i wouldnt roll with JL tho. If i was you Scott i would look into DD audio , RE audio , or Ascendant Audio. They make JL look like Sh!T.

Bronze Member
Username: X_cold_x

Amsterico, NY USA

Post Number: 43
i would get the ported box.

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 245
yay i just wanted 2 no what 1 sounded better cause i make my own boxes an my brother just got 2 of those there a lil messed up but d@mn they hit hard in the sealed box than my 1 volfenhag in a ported tuned 2 28hz

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2924
"PORTED box for SPL and SEALEd box for SQ. i wouldnt roll with JL tho. If i was you Scott i would look into DD audio , RE audio , or Ascendant Audio. They make JL look like Sh!T."

My god, I swear you got EVERYTHING wrong. First off, usually people use ported boxes for higher spl, but remember it's not gonna be a huge difference over sealed. A ported box isn't gonna absolutely blow a sealed box away in loudness.

Secondly, ported boxes can actually have better sound quality than sealed boxes, as long as it's built correctly. A sealed box normally has a very flat response curve, with rather sharp drop offs on either end. Properly built ported boxes can have very nice gradually sloping curves, and when tuned low sound amazing.

Third, RE, JL, DD, and Ascendant are all in the same league, and it's impossible to say what is better than what. I can tell you one thing for sure, RE, DD, and Ascendant DO NOT make JL look like $hit. That was probably the most ignorant statement I've heard against JL yet.

hahaha
Unregistered guest
down with jl hahahahaha

Bronze Member
Username: Livinloud7

Post Number: 13
They make JL look like sh1t ? Ha

Bronze Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 57
you haven't said that you want SQ...just to make the bass heard down the street, am i right? In that case, I wouldn't go with JL...they are known as an SQ woofer...there are much harder hitting subs out there for the same $...look into 2 kicker L7's, Rockford power stage 1, mtx t9500 if you just want to move air...i'm probably leaving a view top candidates out but consider those...and by the way, port the crap out of it with a big box...u'll get your dbs...trust me.

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 250
what kind of sub should i get if i wanna be heard far away an need an amp 4 it 1 15 or 2 12s amps an subs about 800$

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 251
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=295&1=296&3=2044 1500 watt hifonics at 1ohm an 1 12 L7 with the dual 4ohm coil http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=337&1=343&3=2412

Bronze Member
Username: Tbolt

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 20
what about the audiobahn immortal series, is it loud

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 252
an the ported bx tuned 2 28hz or should i do it at 30hz u tell me

Bronze Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 64
go with the hifonics class D amp...pretty loud and affordable. go with 2 12" l7's...tune it to 30 hz...they r 12's...not 15's...i'd recommend 32 hz. make sure u have thesubsonic filter on.

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 253
i want 1 cant afford 2 yet stil need a buy alot stuff 4 my car but iam likein the jlw3v2s just put it in a ported 2 36hz d@mn

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 256
what will sound better farther away 28hz or 30hz
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us