Archive through July 01, 2005

Username: Zoobaloo

Post Number: 1
my ipod needs to be reformated and I would like to get the songs off of it first. I have tried to consolidate the music through itunes but it is not working. I have a mac and cannot seem to find a way to do it. Can anyone HELP?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3061
Why does it need to be reformatted?
If the iPod is giving you a message that it needs to be reformatted, then you won't be able to touch anything that is inside the iPod, because it will not sync up with your Mac.

1stbite
Unregistered guest
I posted this in the other ipod thread, but didn't show (didn't see the closed thread bit till after posting :p )

anyway, i got a 40g photo ipod, had it working fine on my windows xp box till yesterday, until my pute hard drive corrupted and i had to fresh install. (ipod wasn't connected at the time)

since then windows doesn't recognise my ipod, it shows a charging signal in the battery icon, but will not allow me to connect it to itunes or allow me to access it as a hard drive.

i tried using same firewire lead and ipod on another windows computer and it works fine.

any ideas what i done wrong?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3067
Have you re-installed the iTunes? Update and install everything in iTunes before docking your iPod.

Do this, Go to your device managers and remove/unistall the USB and Firewire. Re-start the computer and let it go through the re-install procedures of the usb and firewire devices. After it re-installs, re-start the computer. Now install the iTunes program and update and do all your preference changes, etc. RE-START the computer after the updates and installs.
RE-set your iPod before docking it.

Unregistered guest
my ipod is frozen, what should i do, its been froze for about 9 hours, and it is on. what can i do to make it unfrozen?

tanner

1stbite
Unregistered guest
thanks for the reply...

i tried what you said, and i still cant get the damn thing to conect, now i get an install shield error 1628 Failed to install key...

i tried this:
http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108464

but that doesn't help either, still get same 1628 error.

I'm installing this on a fresh install of windows xp SP2 before updating, which should be the same as when i previously installed it when it worked with the ipod, only difference is my system now has 2 seperate 250 gig hard drives in stead of 2 raided hard drives to make one 500 gig.

any help is appreciated, at the moment i'm resorting to using USB connection on an old computer on the network to transfer files back and forth (ipod is used maily for file storage then music)... sooooo slow :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 3069
Check that your file system is the same with the iPod. Either NTFS or Fat32.

Unregistered guest
i dunno whats wrong wit my ipod but when i plug it into my computer it dosent open on itunes or w/e. it says that i have a malfuntion in my mini. do anyone know whats wrong wit it? please help me!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
I dunno whats wrong with my ipod but when i plug it into my computer it dosent open in itunes or w/e. It says that i have a malfuntion in my mini and it also drains my battery even if its fully charged. People say i should restore it but wen i try to do that it says to plug in a ipod to restore i plug mines in it nothing happens. Do anyone know whats wrong wit it? please help me!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
I dunno whats wrong with my ipod but when i plug it into my computer it dosent open in itunes or w/e. It says that i have a malfuntion in my mini and it also drains my battery even if its fully charged. People say i should restore it but wen i try to do that it says to plug in a ipod to restore i plug mines in it nothing happens. Do anyone know whats wrong wit it? please help me!!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3070
send it in for service...

tomm
Unregistered guest
my ipod has just frozen and it wont turn off or return to menu or anything. there is no song playing but its dead. what can i do to get it working again?

Unregistered guest
if i send it in for service will it cost me alot....i still have my warrenty does dat matter?

sry bout posting 3 times

Gold Member

Post Number: 3072
if it is under warranty they will fix it for free. You just need to pay for postage.

Unregistered guest
postage? wat if i bring it to da apple store?

anyideas
Unregistered guest
I have a 30GB Photo i pod and when i put it on "random" it plays the same artist for up to 10 songs then goes random. It is full and there is no shortage of songs, any suggestions? Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3075
johnniho,
If you have an apple store, you can bring it to them and see what they can do for you.

anyideas,
there is nothing wrong with your iPod. Its a quirk, sometimes it happens and some times it does not. Now if it happens all the time and the sequence does not ever change, you may want to send it in for a replacement.

1stbite
Unregistered guest
Berny:
Thanks for your patiants so far...

My system is NTFS, i cant remember what my old system was, i can only guess NTFS as i got a feeling Win XP installs NTFS as standard since its based on NT system? but thats just my unqualified guess :D

if i format the ipod and tried setting it up again, would the ipod be formatted to NTFS off an NTFS machine, or Fat32? i thought iPod only formatted to Fat32? again only my unqualified guess :D

johnniho
Unregistered guest
ok thanks a crap load. so if i bring it in to da apple store u think they'll send it in themselves or do i have to send it in at home. So they will give a replacement wit no charge just shipping?

xyrus
Unregistered guest
please help! my ipod will start up very slowly but will show a picture of a folder with an "!" exclamation point... i tried to restore factory settings using ipod updater but it prompts me that restoration cant be mounted or something.

is there anything i can do? i want to try to solve the problem before sending it for service.

natsirt
Unregistered guest
Hey my Ipod is frozen just like a couple other guys that have posted here. Its screen is on its just it wont do a thing, even if plugged into the computer or charging cable. Please help if you know how to unfreeze it!

kristen3891
Unregistered guest
mine did that too!! if ur ipod seems to be frozen, then u have to reset it. go to www.apple.com/support/ipod and click on solving problems in the box in about the middle of the screen. watch the video and it will show you the sequence to "unfreeze" it. hope this helps...

1stbite
Unregistered guest
natsirt:
My iPod froze up once about 2 months ago, i tried all the troubleshooting reccomended by Apple and it didn't work, in the end i let the iPod decharge itself (since it won't stay on forever) and when i turned it on it worked fine...

Sherpa
Unregistered guest
My iPod does not show any of the songs/albums/artists etcetera on the menu, they're gone. In the "about" section it says I have zero songs on my iPod, but it shows that the space is used up. Also, when I plug my iPod into my computer, the songs are shown in iTunes, so how come I can't see my songs on the actual iPod. I'de love some advice. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
my mac laptop is recognising my ipod, but when i try to open itunes, the program crashes. itunes works fine when my ipod is not connected. my songs seem to have been eliminated from my ipod, when i try to listen, it says i have no songs, but when i get info on the ipod when it is connected to my laptop it tells me that 10 GB (out of 20) are used, which leads me to believe the songs are there but i cannot access them. i downloaded and installed the latest itunes update, but that hasn,t accomlished anything. anyone have any ideas? how can i start from scratch, eliminate everything on my ipod, and readd songs from my computer?

j.piz
Unregistered guest
can i import songs FROM my ipod TO my computer?

Brittney
Unregistered guest
My IPod also froze up... but it's really simple to fix. Just hold down the center and menu button. It resets it but it doesn't erase any information in it. It's a lot better than sending it off!! Save your money and just do this simple procedure!

Unregistered guest
i got my iPod for christmas in 2004, and had used it almost nonstop since then. it was charged each night before it had the chance to die, and although i dropped it a few times, it's in fantastic condition. a few months ago it had started to skip like a scratched cd, and then it started to freeze. i turned it off for a few days and left it on the charger, and then it worked fine for about a week. i was using it and it froze up and would not allow me to turn it off at all, so eventually it died. i left it on the charger for a month, once in awhile attempting to turn it on to see if it had charged. instead a folder comes up with the "!" in front of it. it sounds as if it tries to turn itself on, but then it stops suddenly. until now i haven't been able to hook it up to a computer, and now that i can it attempts to turn on still but comes up with a battery that has the "!" in front of it. i will put it on the charger soon to see if it helps, but if it doesn't, does that mean i need to send it in for a new battery? i have attempted to reset it, and the folder with the "!" only comes up. i still have six months for my warranty to end.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3100
Send it in for warranty work. It is your best course of action.

Unregistered guest
i already have songs from cds on my pc but i can't import them to my ipod. is there anyway to put the songs from my pc onto my ipod without using the cds i have? or do i have to go from the cd to the ipod? if so how?

margot
Unregistered guest
i won an ipod mini yesterday, anyway i loaded on about 200 songs then realised it was in a different format to mp3 that took up heaps more space. its now full and has 250 songs on it and i want to change the format so i can fit more songs right, but if theyre already loaded on does that mean i have to delete them al and load them onto i tunes again as a different format?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3102
chickie,
you have to put the songs that you import from the cd to your pc into your iTunes library. If you ope up iTunes and you look at the library, you have to be able to see the songs you imported in that folder. If not, you have to import those files from where ever folder you you put the songs in. READ YOU MANUAL.

Unregistered guest
Ok well I have plugged my usb into my iPod and into my computer however it does not give me the "Do Not Disconnect" sign. What do I do?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3109
Well, if it does not give you the disconnect sign, you CAN disconect the iPod.
What is your point?
Have you actually read the manual for your iPod?

CG92
Unregistered guest
I have done that.... It still doesn't work

Gold Member

Post Number: 3111
What is it that you are trying to accomplish? you haven't really stated a problem.

mike2333344444
Unregistered guest
hey, i just got an ipod mini, n it was working fine, with the cable that goes into the usb, and then one day i downloaded the ipod software updater, i updated it and it says that it needs the ipod charger that goes into the wall, but i dont have that and i dont want to pay 60 bux to get 1, now i cant use the ipod until i get that! what can i do to go around that?

CG92
Unregistered guest
The problem is you can't load songs on you need that signal for the import to actually occur.

Anonymous

I am also having troubles with iTunes not recognising that my iPod is plugged in. It won't come up in iTunes or in hardrives. sometimes my iPod says 'do not disconnect' but usually it just charges whenever i plug it in. help me!

sean sullivan
Unregistered guest
When I plug my ipod into my mac, the icon appears on my desktop but it doesn't automatically open itunes and start downloadingi tryed opening itunes manually and tryed exporting my library onto the ipod but it didn't work. what should i do?

samipod
Unregistered guest
i figured out my problem. all of the ipod's made around christmas are defective, all of them are doing the same exact thing as mine had done. they are refunding all of them that had been made then. thank you for the help, although there was hardly any. but thank you :-)

Unregistered guest
i just got my mini ipod on friday and i got it to work that day, but now when i go into itunes, it says that my ipod isnt connected and my computer has the ipod program in there but it doesnt work!!! i have reinstalled everything more than once and it's telling me the same thing. (my ipod is connected to windows) PLEASE HELP ME :-)

marr
Unregistered guest
berny hes obviously trynna say that when its connected it should say "do not disconnect". Fool stop being a smartarse and try and help the guy out hes asking a reasonable question

Gold Member

Post Number: 3115
go here
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61003

if you are still having problems it is time to send your iPod to Apple for service or return it to the vendor.

Anonymous

I just got an ipod and i've had itunes for a while. but, when i try to transfer songs from my itunes to my ipod, it doesn't work. nothing happens at all. what should i do to make it work?

p.s. it works on other computers so it must be my itunes

Gold Member

Post Number: 3118
You have to authorize your computer if you are using the iPod on multiple PCs.

DeFECKtivEbatteRY?
Unregistered guest
I got my iPod mini around December 2004. It isn't the new mini where you can also get 6gb. It has been working fine but recently it has started acting up. This has happened twice already: I charge my mini and I take it off the charger, (turn it off.) put it on hold. And later on, I listen to it for maybe 10 minutes tops and I turn it off. (the battery isn't close to done.) And then later on when I try to listen to it, it won't turn on and when i hook it up to the computer or the charger, nothing happens. i think my battery is defective, but i don't know. also, my battery has been going out very quickly and i haven't even used it for an hour straight. it rly annoys me, and i don't have any of the papers for warranty or whatever... PLEASE HELP!!!!

DeFECKtivEbatteRY?
Unregistered guest
If i reset it by pressing the center button and menu will it erase all the songs? Because I have 305 songs and I don't use iTunes, I use another program,EphPod so not all my songs are in the iTunes library.

Unregistered guest
Ok, sorry to bother you, but I don't know what to do.....I plugged my iPod into my computer like I always do to download songs and something popped up that said I needed to download some new software so I clicked ok. After a while it hadn't done anything, but then it changed and said it couldn't connect. Now I don't know how to open the program to erase it and I don't want to disconnect it because it has the "Do not disconnect" on the iPod screen and I don't know what it will do if I disconnect it anyways. My iPod is a 20GB one....please help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3128
Turn off the computer.
Disconnect the iPod.
Re-start the computer.
Connect the iPod.
See what happens.

ojmadden
Unregistered guest
i plugged in my ipod and it says do not disconnect for like ever! heellp..o yeah and i dropped it yesterday but it wuznt even hard..i wuz holding onto it by the ear thing cord and it just touched the ground so i dont think that did it but still. help me pleaasee.!

Unregistered guest
I recently had to upgrade to Windows 2000 Professional in order to run the iPod software. In the process, I completely formated my hard drive, so I was forced to import all of my saved mp3s from a data cd. The files have been imported to iTunes, but unfortunately the id3 tags can not be modified because they are read-only files. What steps can I take to modify the files or get iTunes to let me edit the id3 tags. Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3130
Copy it back on the hard drive.
Go to iTunes and import all the songs to your iTunes folder.
Go to Edit. Select all.
Click on Advance then click on "convert ID3 Tags" to the version you want.
If you want to edit individual songs you have to click on the song and click on "get info" from there you can edit the id3 tags.

Unregistered guest
My iPod tells me that it is nearly full, yet i cannot view any of the music on it...also, when i plug it in, my comp charges but does not read my iPod...when the comp does read my iPod, iTunes crashes when i open it...what ever shall i do????

Libby lbs.
Unregistered guest
I need major help i am baout to go crazy! Myipod MINI is completly frozen it is stuck on the games screen i hooked it up to my computer and it wont hook up to itunes or charge! I just got this yesterday! Acctually this happened eysterday too, but i just let it die on that screen, then i hoooked it up to my computer i came back ti was working i took off the ocmputer for baout 5 minutes and it froze agin! PLEASE HELP ME! I AM BEGGING YOU!

emial me back w /some help at: hurliegurlie2@yahoo.com

than, Libby

Anonymous

I have a Windows computer can I still get Apple songs?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3144
of courae you can get apple songs, as long as they are in the format that your media player can read.

yo
Unregistered guest
Please, Please help... I just got a used 20gb Ipod for my birthday, It was loaded! with 6gigs of songs. I was loving it. I go and download Itunes and the updater and what not and after a couple songs have been uploaded, Every song disapeared. The ones I put on their were fine but the previous owners songs were all gone, Which I loved.

Any help please? It's been a total bummer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3149
if the songs were just on the iPod and not on the PC, they will be erased when the iTunes software checks the contents of the iPod and compare it with the ones in your music library. If there are no matches the music in your Ipod will be erased and replaced with whatever is checked on your iTunes.

You did not read the manual did you?

HELP PLZZ
Unregistered guest
IVE HAVE THE IPOD MINI 6GB FOR ABOUT 2 MOTNHS ITS BEEN WORKING FINE ALL OF A SUDDEN TODAY I WAS CHARGING IT AND I GO TO GET IT AND IT WONT TURN ON ??? I DONT KNWO WHAT DO I TRIED EVERYTHING ITS JUST THERE AND IT WONT GO ONANYONE KNOW WHAT I HSOULD DO ????

margot
Unregistered guest
HELP PLZZ
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 04:58 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IVE HAVE THE IPOD MINI 6GB FOR ABOUT 2 MOTNHS ITS BEEN WORKING FINE ALL OF A SUDDEN TODAY I WAS CHARGING IT AND I GO TO GET IT AND IT WONT TURN ON ??? I DONT KNWO WHAT DO I TRIED EVERYTHING ITS JUST THERE AND IT WONT GO ONANYONE KNOW WHAT I HSOULD DO ????

that happened to my friend and he sent it bak to apple because it was still under warranty, if i was you id call up apple and abuse them

JasonIPOD
Unregistered guest
I have an IPOD 20 gig that has got me completly frustrated I tryed usb and when I run the wizzard it can not find the device but I see the device in my computer as C: it shows I thought is was my usb so after reseting the IPOD I went to the apple store they formated it and got it working but no luck from my end I took it home itunes could not find ipod so I went to the store got a firwire card tryed that same thing computer insits to run an auto format and no allow me to format it to be reconized its formating as fat 32 I looked in properties everything says its working tryed to do a factory reset but I get an error cant mount IPOD my ipod says Disk mode do not disconnect when I disconnect it from my pc I get a file with an ! point so I reset it same thing connect back to my pc it does it all over again ipod says Disk mode do not disconnect PLEASE help

747_727
Unregistered guest
Can someone please help?
My ipod has a problem. When I plug it in to my fire wire port it charges but my pc doesn't recognise it and I can't transfer any songs to it. I have also tried it on my laptop and that doesn't work on that ither.
I have tried re-setting it 4 times but it hasn't helped I have updated itunes but that didn't work ither.It is also out of its warranty.
Can anyone please help me sort it out?
Thanks

HB
Unregistered guest
I just bought a 3.7 gb mini ipod and i connect it to my mac and it doesn't appear on itunes and when i go to prefences of itunes and ipod it says no ipod connected, however it is connected because it is plugged in and when i unplug it my computer has a message that pops up saying !Device Removal;was not removed properly. While it is plugged in i just says Do not Disconnect and shows that it is charging. What is the problem?

Username: Yuya

I need help please!!!!!!! I don't know what's wrong with my mini ipod. It doesn't respond to anything or do anything. Not even when I plug it in to my pc. It just has the ipod logo in the screen but doesn't do anything . Help guys!!!!!!! please

Unregistered guest
I barely got my mini ipod and I've been trying to import the songs to the ipod, but it keeps saying that it isn't connected, but it is, so I can't put any songs into it. Do u have any clue how to fix this???? I'd be kind if you'd help me. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
I barely got my mini ipod and I've been trying to import the songs to the ipod, but it keeps saying that it isn't connected, but it is, so I can't put any songs into it. Do u have any clue how to fix this???? I'd be kind if you'd help me. Thanks.

Anonymous

Please help, my Ipod doesnt work,even the controls, it hangs, i tried to turn it off or back into its normal but the controls doesnt really function, it's in an on mode and i dont know what to do because it's frozen. Please help, i really dont know what to do, i tried reading articles here on how to fix, i followed procedures to troubleshoot it but still it didnt work. I am using the second model ipod which has 4GB. Please help..Thank you

Marci
Unregistered guest
For some reason my husband's PC does not read his Ipod. I tried everything to fix the problem but realized it is a PC problem. Until it's fixed I clicked his ITunes into the share preference so that we can see his library in my PC's ITunes over the network. When I plug his Ipod to my PC it starts to automatically upload my own Library's music and will not allow me to upload his Library's music into his IPod or copy his Library Music into mine or a new folder. My question is does anybody know how can I get his Music Library uploaded to his IPod instead of my Library while using my computer instead of his?. Hope I made sense. Thank you.

angryboy36
Unregistered guest
all the songs that i put onto my ipod from cd stutter loads. the songs i download r fine. does anyone know why this is happening and is there any way 2 fix it??

Unregistered guest
I just bought the Photopod 30Gig. I have over 200GB of music on my computer, and ITunes installed all of the music into my library. So now i have two problems:
1 My library in ITunes is now unorganized. I cannot find my albums or songs the way I want. Is it better to delete it and reload it one album at a time? or can I go back and categorize the songs.
2. I have 20 gigs of music that I DON'T WANT on my ipod. How do I get it off and load what I want?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Todd

walter377
Unregistered guest
Hey berny maybe you can help my ipod says i need to enter my password..... I never set a password. If I reset to factery settings will that fix it?
thanks, walter377

angryboy36
Unregistered guest
Hi Todd. To get rid of songs from your iPod you just delete them from the library, when you update they will be gone from the ipod.
About catogorising the songs: At the top of the list of songs in the library you should see 'Song Name' 'artist' etc. if you want to catogorize it by the artist for example, just click on where it says Artist. I hope this makes sense and is the answer you were looking for. If not then sorry.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3178
walter, I have not come across an iPod that requires a password. If they do have them, I have no knowledge of it. Sorry.

Marci, set your preference on iTunes to manual update. That way the iPod does not download the songs from any library.

Ian0909
Unregistered guest
I don't know if someone has already posted this in this fourm, but I just found it out and it has proven extremely helpful: To unfreeze your iPod, reset it by holding down the MENU and CENTER buttons for about 15-20 sec. at the same time. The iPod will shut off and then display the Apple logo and after a couple of seconds turn back on.

Megan
Unregistered guest
Hi, i was just wondering if your able to somehow transfer a song in your itunes library onto a personal website (background music). Though you have to have the url, so is there a way to do that?

Rosie4
Unregistered guest
Hi Berny! It seems like you know your stuff. Please Help me! I dropped my iPod mini 4GB and then my songs kept jumping from one to the next without playing. Now all I get is that "!" and folder icon. It won't appear on iTunes or My Computer. Resetting didn't work.
Anything you can think of? I'm afraid that "dropping an iPod" isn't under warranty! lol.
Thanks

Anonymous

Berny,
My ipod has been working great until my computer just stopped reading it. If I restart the itunes program, can I keep all the songs on my ipod that I have now? If not, is there a way to make my computer read my ipod?
Thanks for any help!

Beb3_Qu33n
Unregistered guest
Another Problem:

I Can't Reset My iPod.

Username: Jimboy999

when i connect my ipod mini to my comp.. all it does is charge. It wont read into itunes i dont know what to do. can anyone help me please?

Post Number: 2
Mec you and i have the same problem

Post Number: 3
MEC i figured it out just reset ur mini to factory settings by holding menu and the select button for like 6 secs

Myles1400
Unregistered guest
I have a problem: All the songs that i put onto my ipod from any cd's stutter loads if you know what i mean. Does anyone know why this is happening and is there any way 2 fix it? Thanks.

angelique
Unregistered guest
help me! i dropped my ipod mini, now when i reset it, it shows me this ipod with a sad face and an exclamation mark next to it, what do i do...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3196
angelique,
Sad to say, but your iPod needs to be serviced. The sad face icon means that the iPod is damaged and needs to be sent in to Apple.

Unregistered guest
how do i get photos on to my 40gb photo ipod????
im having some trouble with it

angelique
Unregistered guest
berny,
thanks for your help :-)

Boman
Unregistered guest
I have an Ipod 20 GB. When I play the songs, how come some of the songs play back at a much lower volume? How do I fix this problem. I have Windows ME and am using Xplay 2 to download my music to my Ipod through Real Player.

Thanks

Boman
Unregistered guest
I have an Ipod 20 GB. When I play the songs, how come some of the songs play back at a much lower volume? How do I fix this problem. I have Windows ME and am using Xplay 2 to download my music to my Ipod through Real Player.

Thanks

Anonymous

I bought "tune transfer for ipod" software so I could have a friend take my ipod mini, copy his songs into it from his itune library and then transfer those songs from my ipod onto my hard drive. I will then copy these songs into itunes. What pitfalls does anyone see from doing this? How do you copy songs in from your hard drive into the itunes dirctory? Will Itunes recognize that I have copied new songs on my hard drive and automatically copy them in?

Username: Zooropa

Oh boy.

Bought Ipod on w'end. Loaded itunes ok. When it asked for the ipod to be connected, froze on the 'reboot' part - endlessly. Now the computer can see ipod, but not itunes. Don't know why. Any clues? New ipod, no tunes. Not happy...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3219
What is your operating system?

Anonymous

i got my iPod mini around december 2004 and it worked fine when i plugged it into the wall to charge it and i could also plug it into the computer, a month later, it only charges in the computer and it won't charge in the wall. Do you know what is wrong with my iPod or how i can fix it so that i can use it on trips and it won't run out of batter?

robbie1976
Unregistered guest
Please help me out! I had my laptop stolen last week and now have a replacement one. Can you tell me how to transfer my ipod tunes into a new library on a new laptop. I can't make head nor tail of the ipod support site.

manders
Unregistered guest
i want to put my songs in a folder like: hollister songs [[or]] love songs : how do i do that????? pleaz help me out !

clovesoma
Unregistered guest
My ipod was fully loaded. Then my computer crashed and I lost everything. My ipod still has the songs on it,but how do I keep adding songs without losing everything that is already loaded onto it. Can I link my new library to my ipod?

muir
Unregistered guest
I got a 20 gig ipod and just bought a mini, wanted to upload some music onto the mini but my PC won't recognise it. Do I need to install different software?

Unregistered guest
really need some serious help Just installed the newest ver. of itunes and updater it has now completely crap on my ipod ,i get the ex mark and folder thing tried to update and restore keeps coming up with firmware problems NIGHTMARE please please help IPOD 20g 4th gen Apple no help tried all support pages no help tried forums no help so please please some help me i have loads of people getting same prob no one seems to care i am a huge music fan got all my cd collection on here listen all the time (People do not get the newest ver. of itunes and update will screw your ipod right :- loads of people having same prob)Be Careful

zenne
Unregistered guest
every time i plug in firewire to my laptop, itunes does not automatically start up.
when i start it up manually, the options button doesn't pop up, nor does the ipod icon show up under sources, where my playlists, party shuffle, etc. are.
however, when i plug in the firewire, my computer makes a sound (i can't describe it), so i know it recognizes the new attachment. does this mean there is something wrong with my firewire, or with the port in my computer, or something else altogether?
thanks a lot.

mendoza2005
Unregistered guest
help! i dropped my ipod a couple times and now when u turn it on i get a file icon with an exclamation mark. and i cant reset it because it wont read my ipod when i plug it into the computer. what do i do
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us