White Westinghouse

Username: Bruceduggan

Post Number: 1
I lost the manual to my VCR and cannot remember how to get my programming to work. I go thru the menus and setup the channel , time etc. If I leave the enus and even turn the VCR off and on again, my program is there. However it never actually starts recording and once the start time passes the program is gone. I do remember there was one more step to actually turn the timed record on, but I can't remember what it is and one of the butons on my original remote give me any clue. Anyone have a similar VCR who could assist me?

Bronze Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 12
Bruce:
Once the necessary data is entered (day, time on and off, channel and speed) you turn off the VCR, unless there's a "timer" button on the VCR.

White Westinghouse?? Is this a joke?

Post Number: 2
No, that is how every other VCR works, but apparantly not this one. I have tried turning it off and leaving it on. I am sure there was an extra step but there is no button labled anything like timer.

Bronze Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 14
Bruce:

1. Is there a tape in the machine?
2. Is the record enable tab still intact on the cassette?
3. Does the VCR play tapes OK?
4. How old is this VCR?

Post Number: 3
There is a new tape in the machine right now, and the tape is fine since the VCR will record if I just hit the record button. It plays just fine as well. The VCR is probably 5 ish years old. It is a White Westinghouse WVCR-67004.

Bronze Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 15
Bruce:
The reason for my rather snide comment about WW VCRs is that I've owned and sold VCRs (for a high volume appliance dealer) since 1978 until 1994, and I never would have believed WW was ever in the video business. But in it they were, apparantly via K-Mart! My apology.

I'm afraid I'm at a loss to solve your problem, except to say that I'm certain WW did not manufacture that VCR. After some research, the confusing thing is that there were at least two makers: Daewoo and Funai. Check the back of the VCR for the country of manufacture. If it's Korea, then it's Daewoo, if elsewhere, then it could be Funai. Somebody in the world knows, but sorry it ain't me. I sold lots of Funai and Daewoo, and neither were easy to use.

Anyway, try this link:

http://www.newremotecontrol.com/OmMfr.htm#Daewoo

Hope this helps and good luck.

Post Number: 4
I checked the back and it says made in Indonesia. Thanks for the link, maybe I can at least get the instructions and find out how to get this working.

Unregistered guest
Bruce-I'm on this site because I too have a White Westinghouse VCR that I gave to my dad. Once he purchased a replacement of his old one he gave mine back to me but doesn't know where the book is. I'm having the EXACT same problem with taping that you are. Did you find anything out?

Post Number: 5
Not yet, I am going to have to try to order a replacement manual I guess to figure this out. It is a great VCR other then this little quirk.

Unregistered guest
Bruce-I just tried again and all I did was set up a bogus program and turned the machine off. There was a small red indicator light in the window and I'll be darned if the thing didn't just start recording at the exact time I set it for. Since it's a program I don't care about I only set it for fifteen minutes so I'll try again when it stops. In the meantime why don't you give it a try. It's alot cheaper than the $12.00 they want for a replacement instruction book. I would have tried it again before writing to you but I can't seem to stop the recording. By the way, my machine is from Indonesia too and about the same age as yours so I can't imagine that there's much difference between them.

Unregistered guest
Bruce-I tried it again and it worked again. Went through the whole routine, hit menu when I was done and then turned off the machine. Two minutes later it started to tape just like I programmed it to do. Give it a try on your machine and save yourself the money if you can.

Jake Zulewski
Unregistered guest
My White Westinghouse VCR has recently "locked up". My guess is that we accidentally turned on the Child Lock. I feel like an idiot asking for help, but we too lost our manual. When I do go to turn on the VCR a green light flashes. However we are unable turn the power on or eject the tape that is currently in the VCR.

Kaye Davies
Unregistered guest
This is unbelieveable - I have also lost my manual for my white westinghouse 67004 model and thought I would try the internet for help. What a surprise to find more people with the same problem - I will go through the hoops tomorrow and try it once more - what a pain in the neck it has been.

jasinth
Unregistered guest
I'd like to take some video tapes from America to England. Will they play there? Someone sent me a video of a wedding in England and all I saw on my tv was snow. It didn't work at all. Is there a special VCR that would play the tapes there?Please Help?

Bronze Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 11
They would have to have a multi-format VCR which is far more expensive than a standard VCR.

Unregistered guest
Need Instuctions for White Westinghouse WNDTAD485 Answering Machine.

Unregistered guest
does anybody know if you can retreive messages from outside the home for the WW answering machine model TA-5723??? I cannot find my manual?

Ken S
Unregistered guest
Sarah, I believe you can, I think I remember reading it in the manual....which I too have lost. What a pain to find info on this machine.

Unregistered guest
Need Instuctions for White Westinghouse WNDTAD485 Answering Machine.

Unregistered guest
Need Instructions for White Westinghouse WNDTAD485 Answering Machine. I notice Sarah and Welded each also need the same. You're certainly right, Ken S. It IS a pain to find info on this machine. At one time, I had instructions.....but they were ONLY in Spanish. Go figure.

Unregistered guest
Re: WNDTAD485 It was Lulu, not Sarah....and Ken S; I see now that you were referring to a different model than what I was. Sorry. I guess I need to learn how to read.

Gene
Unregistered guest
I too have the same problem with my White westinghouse VCR - model 8006. I believe that its a problem the VCR and has nothing to do with an extra step. I would sure like to hear any other comments. I do remember that small light going on originally but now nothing I do now gets it to go on and or record at a specific time.

Unregistered guest
I'm experiencing the same problem Bruce Duggan had with his White Westinghouse vcr.Mine is a different model number though(wvcr 8015rw) and is also made in Indonesia.I can set up the programming for the timer,but I don't get a "red indicator"when I turn it off and if I leave it on,it still dosen't work.Can anyone help me in this matter? Thanks.

Nikki
Unregistered guest
I have a WW TV with model #WTV-11901 and am trying to figure out the code to put in a universal remote. It is definitely dated and not sure if I can even do this. I have no manuel. Please help! I've tried the web sites for universal remote codes and WW does not show up.

Michael Richardson
Unregistered guest
I have the same situation with our WW 8004 vcr. I don't see any red light when it's programmed and a new tape is in. Do you think I should just trash it? Or is there a fix?

Thanks for your time and thanks for posting great responses to our concerns.

Marci
Unregistered guest
I have a WW 8012, don't have the manual and can't figure out how to adjust the tracking. Does anyone know how to adjust it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 373
Try the channel buttons on the VCR.

Unregistered guest
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help.... the parental block was activated on my 5 yr old white-westinghouse wtv1332 13 in tv. IN ORDER TO PUT IT IN THE KIDS PLAYROOM I HAVE TO REMOVE THE BLOCK ON TV-Y programming.Cant find the manual and have no idea who programmed the block. Any info would be appreciated.

Unregistered guest
I need a remote for my White-Westinghouse TV
mdl# WTV-11901. How do I go about this.
Thanks
Ray Lewis

Silver Member

Post Number: 512
Buy a universal. One For All remotes have the highest compatibility.

Anonymous

u r all a bunch of douche bags. especially if u couldnt think of buying a universal remote in the first place

ronz
Unregistered guest
I have 3 universal remotes. None of the them have a code for my WW tv. Any idea of another company's code that may match?

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 253
The same remote for the WW-11901 TV was also supplied with a number of Daewoo TVs. Try the Daewoo codes.

Alternatively, a replacement remote is available for $28 plus S&H.

Waheeda
Unregistered guest
Hi there. Does anyone have instructions on a White Westinghouse TA-5722 answering machine? It has 2 mailboxes.

I know this is the thread for VCR's but I couldn't find the one for answering machines. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Is the W-W company in still business:? They don't come up in Google searches and I too need a manual for theTA-5722. Thanks.

Waheeda
Unregistered guest
I think they are in business but are labelled under the "Electrolux" brand.

Unregistered guest
I am trying to find a way to autoprogram a white westinghouse tv for a customer that has lost her remote.. can you help?

Unregistered guest
Hello Arrakis - RE: a White-Westinghouse model TA-5722 A.M., I as well do not have an instruction manual so I was wondering if you had any luck finding one? If so where, thanks.
Ray

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know how to change the message on a White Westinghouse Answering Machine model number WNTAD-6480? My boyfriend lost the manual and since we're moving in together, we need to change the message so it's up to date. Thanks!

J B
Unregistered guest
Does anyone but me have a User Guide? Ha ha. Sorry about being sarcastic! I have a problem to. I can't get my VCR to pick up on ch:15. I did an auto scan but it does'nt have it. If i put the cable right into the tv, the tv reads it but my VCR dosen't. Bye the way on my VCR you need to hold the power button for about 2 sec. and the screen will go black and start recording at the set time. p.s. there is a small red clock on the view of the VCR.

Username: So_n_luv_32

Huntsville, AL US

Mmk, now that i know that WW is a piece of crap. I regret getting it.. but i have had it for 4 years now, and it has only given me one problem. The VCR. It is one of the combos. Has the screen w/ VCR which is a real pain in the butt sometimes. But it wont play the picture, just the sound. But that is not what I am here for. I need to find out the code for it. so that I can enter it onto my DirectTV remote. so I just have to keep up with one remote. Can anyone help me out?

Silver Member

Post Number: 672
Try a Funai or Philips/Magnavox code. Sound and no picture means it needs cleaned.

Unregistered guest
I just bought a new WW LCD TV but the Sony RM AV-2500 does not recognize it? ANy help would be appreciated...

Unregistered guest
I need the WNDTAD485 answer machine manual. It can be in Spanish. Thank you all.

Unregistered guest
I've lost my user's guide to VCR no. 27A-850. Would anybody help me?
My e-mail is: garfield@interklasa.pl
If you have instruction in PDF file it would be superb and I'll be thankful.

Please HELP ME !!!

Unregistered guest
Contact Applica Incorporated at 800-231-9786 for "White-Westinghouse" home entertainment products. If Applica doesn't help you, contact Electrolux Home Products at 888-203-1389. Electrolux acquired White Consolidated around 2000.

Unregistered guest
Our WW 13" TV model WT-1300 (manufacture date of July 1997) now has a couple of channels blocked. I can't find anywhere in the menus anything regarding channel blocking. Any idea how to remove the blocks? I did find that if I enter 0000 that I can get to the channels but I'd like to remove all blocks.

Thanks, Scott

Unregistered guest
I'm trying to figure out if my WVT 11911 TV will hook up to a satellite connection at college this fall, any ideas?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1379
Any TV will connect to a satellite.

Unregistered guest
I'm one of the unlucky TV owners who lost manual. My White Westinghouse 14" TV decided to activate the "child lock". It decided to activate the lock after I switched off and on. Can anyone help me in deactivate the lock?
Many Thanks

Habio
Unregistered guest
Hey, I have the Westinghouse VCR WVCR-67004. but i dont have the remote for it anymore...is there any way to set the clock on it?? I cant seem to find any button on the darn VCR itself...
any help please!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1520
Get a universal remote. One For All has the highest compatibility.

Habio
Unregistered guest
I have a universal remote(RCA) and the play, pause, rewind.ff buttons all work with my VCR...however i cant access the VCR menu function with it when i press menu on the Remote...Would an "One for All" remote allow me to access the VCR menu? T

THanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1544
If it won't, the new ones are telephone upgradable. You call the number, hold the remote to the phone, and they send the code.

Habio
Unregistered guest
Thanks for all your support David

Sendrea
Unregistered guest
I lost my remote and bought a universal remote for it, but I don't have the T.V code to program it with, where would I find it. (I don't have the manual)

emilysteng
Unregistered guest
For the original post about having trouble programming the White-westinghouse VCR!!!!

I just bought a White westinghouse VCR used from another student here. It works fine. I had the same problem as you for about an hour. My boyfriend then told me the way to do it is hold the off button or a few seconds when turning off the VCR after you set a program. This activates the timer. Mine is model WVR-8004. It drove me crazy at first too, but thank goodness he figured it out. Hopethis helps!

Unregistered guest
We have a White Westinghouse LCD TV and can not get it programmed to work with a universal remote. The model number for the TV is: LTV20V2SL. The serial # is "W20DE04380559. We have tried at least 4 different kinds of universal remotes, each one listing White Westinghouse and being compatible. Can you tell me if there is something I need to do in order to make the universal remote work with this TV?

Unregistered guest
Help! I have a White-Westinghouse 19 inch tv model#wtv1332. I need to hook up my dvd and the owners manual makes no reference. Also I've called the 800 number (782-6905) on the maual but of course the phone just rings and rings. Can anybody out there help me?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1943
Connect with s-video or RCAs, and set the TV on line/auxillary. If there are no line inputs, you need an RF modulator.

Unregistered guest
We have just purchased a Westinghouse 32" LCD TV and it is not recognized by the remote from Direct TV and we want to use the Direct TV remote as that is our signal provider. Can you help with the programming code?

Unregistered guest
This is amazing. My husband called me crazy for not understanding our WW VCR but I see I'm not the only one. He has a lot of apologizing to do. I'm having problems with my VCR too as far as recording shows and controlling the tracking. I will admit mine is old, however, it 's not that old for everyone to be having the same problems. Do anyone have the manual for Model #4910?

Unregistered guest
This is amazing. My husband called me crazy for not understanding our WW VCR but I see I'm not the only one. He has a lot of apologizing to do. I'm having problems with my VCR too as far as recording shows and controlling the tracking. I will admit mine is old, however, it 's not that old for everyone to be having the same problems. Do anyone have the manual for Model #4910?

keithd
Unregistered guest
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=167351#POST167351
response..I have the same tv.. i bought an RCA model # RCU403 universal remote and the code of 190 works.
keith

Anonymous

I have a white westinghouse wtv 11901 and need to connect it to my DVD player. Does any one know the type of connectors I need to get?

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 727
"I have a white westinghouse wtv 11901 and need to connect it to my DVD player. Does any one know the type of connectors I need to get?"

Somebody else might know off the top of their head but I don't. You need to consult your TV's owners manual.

Username: Mzdallas

Dallas, TX US

White Westinghouse Model WNDTAD-485 Digital Telephone Answering Machine.

Have an actual owner's manual, with both English and Spanish sides.

email request for pdf: MzDallas@excite.com, specify "Owner's manual request" in subject line, please.

Username: Kathy_brown

Winnipeg, Manitoba

I just picked up a TA-5723 Digital Answering System that does not have a manual. HELP! How do I get this thing working? Not mechanically inclined, everything seems to be plugged in correctly but without instructions how to set up, etc. I'm lost. Thanks

Username: Tlbjazz2

Hi. I have a White-westinghouse TV/VCR model WVT-1911. I bought it from a yardsale and it works great, problem is I don't have the remote for it and I don't know how to switch it from Antenna to Cable so it's just getting a few of my cable channels. The menu doesn't have this choice. Do I need the remote for this? Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3048
If it's not in the set up menus, it probably automatically selects the right one when it autoprograms the channels.

Username: Sheilad

B.C. Canada

I have a White Westinghouse 13" tv/vcr combo Model VT-1315. The power switch doesn't work and the only way to turn it on/off is to plug/unplug the machine and the words "Heat Run" are on the screen all the time. The remote doesn't work although we can change channels using the tv buttons. How can we get rid of "Heat Run" and get the power switch to work again? Thanks for any assistance.

Username: Malaz

8 TOP REASONS
NOT TO IMMIGRATE CANADA

8. Discriminatory and Dishonest Immigration System.
Immigration to Canada is based on a point system, obtained with your education, qualifications and job experience. Points are good enough for immigration, but in Canada, they are not good enough to get a job in your field. Amazing, how the credentials that qualify you to come to Canada are the same credentials that don't qualify you for your profession in Canada. The reason is, Canada only wants immigrants to do the labor jobs - pizza delivery, driving taxis, factory work etc.

7. Out Of Control Cost Of Living.
From rent, to utility bills, to shopping, to phone, internet and cable bills, to gas, to car insurance, to eating out, to basically anything you have to pay for or buy, the cost of living in Canada has become astronomical. Recent immigrants are astonished as to how expensive everything is. It is estimated that compared to most countries around the world, the cost of living in Canada is on average five times greater.

6. Health Care Crisis.
Practicing physicians in Canada are in a shortage, 1 in 4 Canadians cannot get a family doctor. Canadian doctors are leaving to move permanently to the United States. Statistics Canada and the Canadian Medical Association both have identified that for every 1 American doctor that moves to Canada, 19 (nineteen) Canadian doctors move to the United States! Doctors in Canada are overworked and underpaid, and there is a cap on their salaries.

5. Very High Taxes.
Yes, you have the GST, the PST, totaling 15%, on practically everything you purchase and many other taxes taken out of our weekly paycheck. You have to pay a whopping amount to the government, out of your hard earned salary, so that the government can turn around and give it to beer drinking, hockey watching welfare bums. Fair? It does not matter, it's Canada.

4. Money Hungry Government.
Canadian Embassies around the world lie to foreigners, painting this picture that Canada is Utopia, because they want them to come to Canada. Why? Because foreigners bring money! So after being deceived, these foreigners come. They must bring with them at least $10,000. Canada has an immigration quota of 250,000 per year. So please do the math, 250,000 multiplied by $10,000 each equals a whopping 2.5 Billion dollars that Canada gains from immigrants every year.

3. No Culture.
Unlike almost every other country in the world, Canada has no culture. Actually American culture is what dominates Canada. When was the last time you had some 'Canadian' food? There are no Canadian traditions and there is no national identity. What does it even mean to call yourself a 'Canadian'. . .nothing really. People living in Canada, still identify themselves with the country they 'originally' came from.

2. Worst Weather.
Yes, Canada has the worst weather conditions of any country in the world. Freezing cold temperatures, snow, ice, hail, winds, storms etc. From the Prairie provinces to the Maritimes, from the Territories to southern Ontario, the weather is so horrific and disgusting that many Canadians leave Canada simply because of this reason alone.

1. No Jobs.
Yes, coast to coast, there are no jobs. Immigrants are highly qualified (MD's, PhD's, Lawyers, Engineers etc.) but they are driving taxi cabs, delivering pizza's or working in factories. Even people with bachelors degrees from Canadian Universities cannot find jobs after graduation. This is the tragedy associated with immigration to Canada. I feel sorry for those immigrants who are stuck in Canada for the rest of their lives. It is indeed a very sad and hopeless future.

: http://www.notcanada.com
Please do not believe the fancy websites made by the government of Canada or by the Canadian immigration lawyers. They are not telling you the truth. Do your own research!

Upload

Username: Carbonadam

Prescott, MI Ogemaw

Emily Steng, your boyfreinds a genius and so are you! I found this forum in 5 min I had my WVCR8006 recording properly! Stopping it is another thing? Manually presing the power and holding it is the only way to inturrupt it. Too cool:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us